Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
    It's an option yes, but can you measure the correct amount time after time into each bottle? ... i would aim for a lower volume of COČ per bottle, just in case some bottles get more than others and you sit with bombs
    I've done this with a syringe before. Works well. Pretty easy to get a correct dose. I'd bet it's more accurate than carbonation drops even.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      I've done this with a syringe before. Works well. Pretty easy to get a correct dose. I'd bet it's more accurate than carbonation drops even.
      Definitely that yes ... those drops are a money making POS way of to get perfect carbonation bottle for bottle
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
        Definitely that yes ... those drops are a money making POS way of to get perfect carbonation bottle for bottle
        True. Yet I always have carbonation drops in the cupboard. I can't be arsed to measure or weigh out sugar if I have to bottle 3 or 4 these days...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
          Agree normal white sugar is better than dextrose in my opinion.
          I just bought a pack of hulets white sugar. Or should I specifically look for "white cane sugar"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
            I just bought a pack of hulets white sugar. Or should I specifically look for "white cane sugar"?

Normal white sugar is cane sugar, brown sugar too. Dextrose is corn sugar

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
              Normal white sugar is cane sugar, brown sugar too. Dextrose is corn sugar
              Yep sucrose is sucrose, be it cane or beetroot derived.

Comment

• Random small questions

My ale starter kit is still bubbling (once every 5 minutes or so), a week and a half later, is that normal?

Og was 1030
                Tested on Saturday it was 1020
                Recipe says to aim for 1006

Chris_za1
                Last edited by Chris_za1; 19 April 2021, 12:07.

Comment

• Yeast takes as long as yeast takes. What kit, and what yeast, and what temps, and what method (like no-chill)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
                    My ale starter kit is still bubbling (once every 5 minutes or so), a week and a half later, is that normal?

Og was 1030
                    Tested on Saturday it was 1020
                    Recipe says to aim for 1006

doesn't sound right

Most ale yeasts do their job in 72-96 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                      doesn't sound right

Most ale yeasts do their job in 72-96 hours.
                      This was on Saturday - week later. Smells great.. Do you think something else is happening?

Comment

• See the graph. Within 5 days you should have been just about on FG.

Comment

• Another example.

Comment

• And without being premature, that looks like wild yeast or even bacterial pellicles on the surface.

Comment

• I'm also seeing almost no krausen ring inside the fermenter. Unless you pitched lager yeast, a wort pitched with healthy top-fermenting ale yeast will never look like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                                I'm also seeing almost no krausen ring inside the fermenter. Unless you pitched lager yeast, a wort pitched with healthy top-fermenting ale yeast will never look like that.
                                No ale yeast. Everything was done done to the tee. Sanitised like a mofo

Comment

Working...
                                X