On Tap Magazine - a South African Beer Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Tap Magazine - a South African Beer Magazine

On Tap Magazine (http://ontapmag.co.za/) will be launching soon and I am exited to say that I will be providing them with strings of words that will hopefully make sense.

What are topics that you would like to read about?

It would be good to see the more advanced topics covered for a newbie. For instance, I am having two issues at the moment.

1 - my first two attempts at all-grain (BIAB) have turned out way too bitter for style, even though I followed Jamil's Brew with style. So what should I look at, check, change, etc.?
    2 - I know setting up a begging system is simple yet I can't seem to get my gas to stop escaping out the release valve on the reg. So Beside the obvious stuff on setting up, what to get, what tricks, secrets, or traps should one look at when starting to use kegs for the first time above and beyond setup.

I am looking forward to the release of the mag but would definitely subscribe if there were articles that focused on this type of stuff.

Comment

Just use spell-checker you Afrikaner Scot hybrid. The word is EXCITED.

Comment

Originally posted by mrThirsty View Post
        It would be good to see the more advanced topics covered for a newbie. For instance, I am having two issues at the moment.

1 - my first two attempts at all-grain (BIAB) have turned out way too bitter for style, even though I followed Jamil's Brew with style. So what should I look at, check, change, etc.?
        2 - I know setting up a begging system is simple yet I can't seem to get my gas to stop escaping out the release valve on the reg. So Beside the obvious stuff on setting up, what to get, what tricks, secrets, or traps should one look at when starting to use kegs for the first time above and beyond setup.

I am looking forward to the release of the mag but would definitely subscribe if there were articles that focused on this type of stuff.
        It's a Lucy Corne initiative so I hope we don't see all the article from her.

Maybe she should approach the Kleuling Bierman, he has some stories to tell.

And then maybe veterans like Oom Theo at Anvil can provide some material.

BIAB articles can be done, specifically concentrating on efficiency and the effect that has on BU:GU ratios.

Comment

Some recipies would be nice, and maybe a kind of quarterly calender that informs us when and where which beer events are happening.

Maybe even some small competition/giveaways from brew supply stores

Either way I already susbscribed and cant wait to see my first issue

Comment

Craft brewery reviews could be nice. Recipe with a review of the recipe would work. Review of local products?
            A few fun articles and some with a decent science background
            Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
            Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Style guides by region would be.
              History of beer would be an interesting read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                A few fun articles and some with a decent science background
                Totally agree here, do not skimp on the science background, I need information overload!!

Comment

I really have no interest in paper magazines anymore. They kill trees, take up lots of space on my desk, gets lost in the post and ends up on a shelf in CNA before eventually getting to my mailbox. It is therefore a pity that there is not a subscription option that allows for digital subscriptions at a lower cost than R40 a copy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                    Just use spell-checker you Afrikaner Scot hybrid. The word is EXCITED.
                    Thanks!

Sumtime my speeling is not so goed.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                      Maybe she should approach the Kleuling Bierman, he has some stories to tell.
                      As far as I know he is one of the contributors.

Comment

DIY equipment....
                        Where to source what to build , say for instance , a stir plate .
                        If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
                        ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                        abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                          As far as I know he is one of the contributors.
                          Yep, Ivor has his own column. Lots of contributors from around the country - don't worry, it's not just me rambling on.

Comment

Not my initiative. Wish it had been! I'm on board as editor but in the first edition there are articles from seven other contributors as well! :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by defender110 View Post
                              DIY equipment....
                              Where to source what to build , say for instance , a stir plate .
                              I'll do an article for Lucy on that, just need the time.

I built one at one of our Worthogs meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X