Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFRICA BREW 2016 - 18 to 20 November

13698116_10153675897591927_7775538658668983357_o.jpg
    Megan, Lucy and I are organising the first ever national brew meet up for all SA (and hopefully African) home-brew clubs We're so excited. Of course, we can't all attend all of them, so it's going to be an annual traveling event, popping to each province, with a different province each year. The first one is going to be in Parys so we can pop into Dog and Fig brewery while we're there. If anyone has any ideas for it, please shout! We'll be running brewing workshops over the weekend as well. Keep the date open!!

AWESOME!!!

Is the sleeping (passing out) in tents, chalets or other?

"Brewers from all over the country together for the first time ever"? I thought that was Beer Boot Camp last year.

What is the competition?

What does "Currency for the weekend is beer" mean?

Comment

Is the sleeping (passing out) in tents, chalets or other?
      I'm talking to Afri Dome where the Rhino Rally is being held with regards to accommodation. Jakes & I will have to drive to Parys next weekend to finalize.

"Brewers from all over the country together for the first time ever"? I thought that was Beer Boot Camp last year.
      They did not CAMP TOGETHER, BREW TOGETHER or BRAAI TOGETHER

What is the competition?
      There might be more than one, depending on the sponsorship but it will entail beer knowledge and skill. Have you got an idea for a competition?
      Should we have a BJCP tasting as well? Will you run that?

What does "Currency for the weekend is beer" mean?
      You negotiate with fellow brewers for what they have that you want by bribing them with beer

Comment

Originally posted by ElbieLouw View Post
        What is the competition?
        There might be more than one, depending on the sponsorship but it will entail beer knowledge and skill. Have you got an idea for a competition?
        Should we have a BJCP tasting as well? Will you run that?
        I would like it if there was an official BJCP tasting. I am currently not organizing any tastings, as I would like to get more judging points (and I would like to enter competitions again!) However, I am willing to assist an organizer.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
          I would like it if there was an official BJCP tasting. I am currently not organizing any tastings, as I would like to get more judging points (and I would like to enter competitions again!) However, I am willing to assist an organizer.
          I hear I've been volunteered as organiser. We need to chat.............

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            I hear I've been volunteered as organiser. We need to chat.............
            Were you TOLD that you volunteered?

Let me know when you want to chat and we can meet/call/skype.

Comment

Were you TOLD that you volunteered?

Let me know when you want to chat and we can meet/call/skype.
              Ja I was told. Over a beer, so I was compromised.

I'll get back to you on when where and so on.

Comment

How many Worts and All people are joining?

My ticket and my tent space has been paid. All I need to do is remember how the camping stuff works!

Comment

How many Worts and All people are joining?

My ticket and my tent space has been paid. All I need to do is remember how the camping stuff works!
                  Are you interested in judging?

Michelle?

Comment

Michelle?
                    Always!

Comment

Michelle?
                      Yip, count me in.

Comment

Cool. Only have 5 beers pledged so far, so you two are the judging table so far........

I'll send out an email this week and make a Doodle poll thing to see who else we can use.

Danie is going to be there, Apiwe, and Julian but Julian is playing MC.

Elbie and/or Megan can help in a pinch but they'll be busy with arrangements and stuff. Deon, Megan's boyfriend is a BJCP.

And then I'll have to find a steward or 2 and bribe them with beer.

We have a TON OF PRIZES. Elbie will post that on FB.

Comment

Africa Brew was awesome. I think. I can't seem to remember much. I remember some oke with a goat on his head.

Comment

Working...
                          X