Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple/pear juice concentrate

Hi guys

What brand of apple or pear juice concentrate should I use for cider/perry? And where do you find it? I've been looking at all your usual suspects (checkers, pnp, spar...)but have not seen any apple or pear concentrate at all.

Thanks

Liqifruit works

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

I used wilde. The pear cider was great but it does not clear. I think they pasteurised it prior to packaging.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pectanase or some other form of pectic enzyme helps clear even those...dave at the homebrew shop usually has in stock

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
        Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
        Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
          Liqifruit works
          I have used Liquifruit, and also Ceres apple juices, with equally good results. Just remember to use juice that has no preservatives in it.
          Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Hi Alistair.
            If it is one of your first ciders, I can highly recommend the cider kit from Brew for Africa.
            I have done 3 of them and they have all turned out pretty amazing. It does or used to include an apple aroma essence that you add before bottling which gave it a nice little apple zing.
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
              I have used Liquifruit, and also Ceres apple juices, with equally good results. Just remember to use juice that has no preservatives in it.
              Ditto. Made a really nice light pineapple wine with liquifruit and lalvin yeast.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
                Ditto. Made a really nice light pineapple wine with liquifruit and lalvin yeast.
                Sounds good. Must try that some time

I have juiced my own apples and pears before, but those brews always turned out cloudy. One of my upcoming wood projects is to build my own fruit press.
                Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Contact Clarens Brewery/Red Stone Cidery (same place) and speak to Stefan (brewer).

They get fresh apple juice from the orchard and he might sell you some.

Comment

Working...
                  X