No announcement yet.

SA Hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. And now they are both in one place. Very good info there. Cant believe the R/kg price if you go to the source. But I still have to figure out wat to do with the rest of my 100g nvm. A kg.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
      But I still have to figure out wat to do with the rest of my 100g nvm. A kg.

Brewing a NEIPA will take care of any leftover hops you might have
      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Latest hop prices per 1kg from SA hop farms.

2019 Selling Prices SA Hop Farms.jpg
        Attached Files
        Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
          Latest hop prices per 1kg from SA hop farms.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2022[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for sharing! Are you looking for someone to split some kilo's with? I'd like to get my hands on some Southern Aroma, Southern Passion and African Queen but 3kg's might be a bit much for my brewing activities. I could do half kilo's though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Brew View Post
            Thanks for sharing! Are you looking for someone to split some kilo's with? I'd like to get my hands on some Southern Aroma, Southern Passion and African Queen but 3kg's might be a bit much for my brewing activities. I could do half kilo's though.
            It might be easier to order directly from SA Hop farms. (else we need to get together or another courier to split Hops).
            They do supply Half kilo's.
            I ordered half kilo's end of last year. I confirmed with Magda 2 weeks ago that they still do half kilo's.
            Magda details: Tel: 044 802 8414. E-Mail: Magda.Rossouw@za.ab-inbev.c om / Magda.Rossouw@za.sabmiller.com

Details and procedure as below

1. You let us know how much of which variety you would like.
            Just to clarify any misunderstandings and to give you a holistic picture of our products.

We produce two kinds of pellets, namely T90 and PIH.
            The Type 90 pellet is made from dried hop cone powder simply put through a die to produce pellets.
            It is called "Type 90" because there is about 10% waste in the production process, from dried hops to pellets.

We produce single variety T 90 pellets e.g. S, Star; S, Promise, J17, S. Passion. S Aroma etc. as well as a blended T 90 pellet (S. Star, S, Prom, S. Dawn) – see make up below. (30-40% utilization)

[IMG]file:///C:\Users\PTMUser\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\0 1\clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

Then we also make a PIH blend (S. Star, S, Prom, S. Dawn) where the pellets are pre isomerised (alpha acids converted to iso alpha acids by exposure to heat.)
            Utilization is typically 45-55%. This is the only difference. There are no single varieties in PIH form.

2. We will then send you a Pro-Forma Invoice

3. Once you have paid the hops you send us a proof of payment

4. We invoice and send hops of via courier we will give you full details of carton size to arrange your courier, please supply us with your full street address and contact number

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Courier companies that run from George
            Skynet George = Chantill Wonderlik = chantillw@skynet.co.za = 044 874 2215
            DSV = Theodore Windvogel = customerservice@za.go2uti.com = 044 878 1131

Comment

I have used and am very happy with Southern Passion, Aroma and African Queen.
              Anyone used any of SA hop farms other hops, if so your views. Thanks.

Comment

Ditto, also used those from when I first got into brewing. Also Southern Star but I cant remember what I thought about it.

Recently used U1/108 and U1/132 and actually quite a lot in my recent brew this weekend. Amazingly tropical fruity aromas and flavours, with less of the citrus of most of the American IPA type hops. All in all nice, but I feel they need to be well balanced with bitterness.
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Ok so me and 2 brewbuds took the plunge.
                  Stocked up on local hops. Everything from southern star to u1. 7 different hops. Looks like I will have to drastically increase my brewing rate in 2020.

I feel a new years resolution coming on.

Comment

Nice
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                    X