brew pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brew pump

I'm looking for a decent brew pump. I've been using a small 12v topsflo pump up to now but it can't cope with my 74 litre pot.

The only one I can find online locally is the ss chugger going for around R3k which is a bit much.

Are there any other options or does anyone have a similar 2nd hand one to sell?

I have heard of people using dishwasher pumps as well as solar heating pumps.

Comment

Topsflo make a 24 volt DC version of your pump, a bit stronger - 19 W vs 11W for 12 V

http://www.topsflo.com/brushless-dc-...s-dc-pump.html

If you find it in SA let us know.

Second option is an Australian pump specifically for brewing, $80 that looks stronger than 24V Topsflo.

http://kegking.com.au/mkii-magnetic-drive-pump-25w.html

There was an article recently on Homebrewtalk on KegKing with some info for this pump

Comment

?

> http://www.sustainable.co.za/its-ts5...tion-pump.html
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I use two of these on my brew rig and they work great. Good flow rate, even though I am only using 50l pots.

I hooked mine up to a 10W solar panel (when I was still using gas) so I could brew completely Eskom free. We haven't had load shedding since.
          robcass
          Last edited by robcass; 26 April 2017, 14:27.

Comment

Originally posted by robcass View Post
            I hooked mine up to a 10W solar panel (when I was still using gas) so I could brew completely Eskom free. We haven't had load shedding since.
            Get an electrician ffs!!! Your bad wiring clearly tripped the whole of Eskom.

Now, using solar, you can black out the sun!!! [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all your responses. The topsflo and sustainable type pumps are great for low flow rates but I need one closer to 20l/min.

The mk11 at 19l/min is good but after shipping costs, duties, etc, and no after sales support is it worth the saving on the chugger?

Comment

I purchased this last week to circulate ice cold water through my plate chiller.

https://solaradvice.co.za/product/22...culation-pump/

Works well with good flow. rated to 110degrees. I have a march pump for hot wort so cannot comment on suitability for the beer side.

Comment

Originally posted by ALANVR View Post
                  Thanks for all your responses. The topsflo and sustainable type pumps are great for low flow rates but I need one closer to 20l/min.

The mk11 at 19l/min is good but after shipping costs, duties, etc, and no after sales support is it worth the saving on the chugger?
                  I use 220v dishwasher pumps around R280 @ tecsa
                  they work well, can handle the heat and foodgrade.
                  You also get them in different type in and outlet diameters so get one to suit your needs.
                  Here in the garden route there are a few guys using them and i have not heard of someone whom needed to replace a pump.
                  Last edited by Bigfoot; 24 June 2017, 17:57. Reason: spelling is shit

Comment

^ Mind posting a pic or Model No of your specific ones ?

Comment

MAGNETIC KELVENATOR PUMP DTL139

Comment

There are few different ones with different size in/outlets

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Aramex global shopper now has Sydney as an address so I ordered one of the keg king MKII pumps at aussie $79.99. Landed cost including duties and delivery R1,500. 2 weeks turn around time

Comment

I thought there's no duties on pumps

Otherwise good price.

Comment

Working...
                              X