Beersmith mobile 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beersmith mobile 2

So today I bought beersmith mobile 2 for android tablet. my first thoughts was that I could have just as well stayed with brewtoad.com.

BUT I do think the R87 was wortwhile, the interface is prety foreward and one can add different equipment profiles which is nice to set up profiles for light medium and high gravity beers based on different mash and boil volumes.

Negative for the mobilr app is that thete is no way to upload a bsmx file to the app without the desktop version. but one can always duplicate a recipe from a summary.

Can you not upload it through the web ui on beersmithrecipes.com and then import it into the app (cloud)?

Comment

Brad from beersmith stated in a query on this topic that you need the desktop version to read bsm files. I do not see an upload function on the web UI to upload a bmsx file to the cloud. If the recipe exists in beersmith you can download it to the app though.

I still think it is the R87 worth.... But it seems that I will not just import your bmsx files...

Comment

It appears that Brad is right.

Can you import public recipes from the recipe site to the app?

What I will do (tonight) is make the recipes public. Then you can just import it from there.

If that does not work, then I can get your credentials, log in as you and upload to your cloud folder.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
          It appears that Brad is right.

Can you import public recipes from the recipe site to the app?

What I will do (tonight) is make the recipes public. Then you can just import it from there.

If that does not work, then I can get your credentials, log in as you and upload to your cloud folder.
          Yes I can import recipes from the public area.

Thanks for your offer! Wow!
          I will report back, but I am sure it will work as I have already copied recipes from beersmith and scaled it to my equipment.

Comment

I create recipes on the computer and then upload them to the cloud account and then everything is available there... Otherwise mark your recipe as shared and then search it on the cloud

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
            Craft beer is a cool way to deny your alcohol problem.

Why drink something that’s just cold when you can have something this cool?

Craft Beer?
            I’d Tap That!

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Some IT issues had to be addresses (aka reinstall OS).

I have shared some of my recipes. http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewuser/27949/atronseige

Please let me know if it works

Comment

Atron, I just searched for your Fiksie recipe from within the app. I downloaded to my tablet and scaled it to my equipment.

As easy as pie, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsumi View Post
                  Atron, I just searched for your Fiksie recipe from within the app. I downloaded to my tablet and scaled it to my equipment.

As easy as pie, thanks.
                  I am glad that it works!

I will maybe create an account for the site, then we can have a central repository to for all the recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post

I will maybe create an account for the site, then we can have a central repository to for all the recipes.
                    That will be super.

Comment

Working...
                    X