SA Hop substitute for Crystal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA Hop substitute for Crystal

Can anyone please advise on a local hop substitute for Crystal? If none, what will be the best international sub?

I am planning an Irish Red and the recipe asks for 30g Crystal @ 60 mins, and 30g Cascade @ 30 mins.
    (Malt bill will include pale 2 row, CaraAroma, Melanoiden and Carapils with honey @ flame out)

I have everything laying around at home except for the Crystal hops......
    Cheers

Jacques

Originally posted by pretorjn View Post
    Can anyone please advise on a local hop substitute for Crystal? If none, what will be the best international sub?

I am planning an Irish Red and the recipe asks for 30g Crystal @ 60 mins, and 30g Cascade @ 30 mins.
    (Malt bill will include pale 2 row, CaraAroma, Melanoiden and Carapils with honey @ flame out)

I have everything laying around at home except for the Crystal hops......
    I would sub the Crystal with Southern Aroma.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

+1, I would also opt for Southern Aroma

The Hallertau(er) family is a substitute for both
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
      X