Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partail Mash and DME

Hi All.

I am new and to the forum this is my first posting. Have browsed often to look for answers and pleased to have quite a few answered.

I have just completed my 3rd partial mash. To date I have purchased all my ingredients from Brew Craft.
    However I have seen on Brew Marts web site that some ingredients are cheaper especially the DME.
    Just under R52 at Brew Mart and R75 at Brew Craft. This is a big price difference.
    Wondering if the difference is due to quality ?, or would it be OK to go with the Brew Marts cheaper DME ?.

Thanks all and have a great day.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

hi, welcome to the forums.

i only use it for starters but the once or twice i have used it to brew, i've not really been able to distinguish one from another. i'd hazard a guess the brew craft stuff has fancier packaging or something or possibly even imported whereas brew marts may be local. i dont know; i'm just guessing.

you'll only know if you try, right?

Comment

Thanks guy.

Yep I think I should give it a try.
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

As far as I know, there is no locally produced DME.

However, since there are about a dozen overseas producers, I think this is just a normal supplier price difference.

Just make sure Brew Mart has stock, he doesn't indicate his stock availability on the web site.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
          As far as I know, there is no locally produced DME.

However, since there are about a dozen overseas producers, I think this is just a normal supplier price difference.

Just make sure Brew Mart has stock, he doesn't indicate his stock availability on the web site.
          I think THESE guys do manufacture in SA .... got a 1kg tester from them back in the day that was as good as any other I ever bought.
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            I think THESE guys do manufacture in SA .... got a 1kg tester from them back in the day that was as good as any other I ever bought.
            thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              They look good - they make both DME and LME, but man, those quantities...

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                They look good - they make both DME and LME, but man, those quantities...
                25 kg DME.... I guess that would keep you covered until the sun burns out.

Comment

Malt Extract Syrup is available in the following packaging: Road Tanker...
                  holy frog sack, bob! wow!

Comment

I got prices from their outlet earlier this week. Plan on buying some pale malt from them @ something like 11.5 per kg. but then you need to do the 25kg. which won't keep me busy for tooo long.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Brew View Post
                      I got prices from their outlet earlier this week. Plan on buying some pale malt from them @ something like 11.5 per kg. but then you need to do the 25kg. which won't keep me busy for tooo long.
                      That's a brilliant price! Would you mind giving a recap of how it went? At that price we should definitely do a group order - do a review, see how it goes, etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X