Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120
  1. #111

    Had the same issue but more space available so I've got 2 fridges. One for ferm on for serving

  2. #112
    My keezer doubles up for cold crashing, I do have a second fridge for fermentation, but mainly use it to heat and have an enclosed space for the kveiks, I'm sure it cools now and then to maintain temp, just haven't heard it or seen it cool in a long time. I bought one of those bosch single fridge things so I can have two fermentors in at the same time. In retrospect, two barlike fridges would have been better for different styles. Then again, I'm looking into a 50l fermentor that will fit the space and the barfridge would be too small...\_(ツ)_/

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    I am at a crossroads, my freezer has been my fermentation chamber, but with the kegging it is now also a keezer.. I am not sure how to proceed with this, as I want to drink beer and also ferment. I don't have space for just a fridge, as it will take away my current work space.

    I am sure others have ended up in the same situation, what did you compromise on and what options are out there.. Having a fridge as part of the fermentation seems to be almost required as the summer temps are approaching, unless I use kveik or look into pressure fermentation? Perhaps a cheaper outcome than getting an undercounter fridge with work space on top.. or looking at glycol chillers and the likes.
    Go with kveik in summer, so you don't have to worry about temps. Takes away the need for a fermentation chamber in summer. In winter it's easy to keep temps constant with other means. I haven't fermented in my fridge for months now (because it was winter).

  4. #114
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,330
    +1 Go for Kveik .... Get a reptile pad on a STC-1000 and ferment inside a cardboard box

    Insulate the box with some Styrofoam ... ala-fermentation chamber.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Had the same issue but more space available so I've got 2 fridges. One for ferm on for serving
    I was looking at those "Mini Ladies" for serving/dispensing, pretty expensive!

    Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    I'm looking into a 50l fermentor that will fit the space and the barfridge would be too small...\_(ツ)_/
    Yeah I am not sure whether the worktop undercounter fridges will be high enough to fit a fermentor, the single fridges seems to be better for that idea. 50L is really decent size batch, what fermentor are you looking at?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Go with kveik in summer, so you don't have to worry about temps. Takes away the need for a fermentation chamber in summer. In winter it's easy to keep temps constant with other means. I haven't fermented in my fridge for months now (because it was winter).
    Yeah it seems that you have to adapt to the season.

  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    +1 Go for Kveik .... Get a reptile pad on a STC-1000 and ferment inside a cardboard box

    Insulate the box with some Styrofoam ... ala-fermentation chamber.
    Same thing i do but with fish tank filled with water and aquarium heater
    Last edited by TheLazyFisherman; 15th September 2020 at 11:50.

  7. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by PaBz0r View Post
    Yeah I am not sure whether the worktop undercounter fridges will be high enough to fit a fermentor, the single fridges seems to be better for that idea. 50L is really decent size batch, what fermentor are you looking at?
    The ones I want I cant have; perhaps have one fabricated with some of these features
    - double walled s/s with cooling and heating (glycol and heat bands)
    - conical with butterfly valves to dump trub
    - ability to fill and insert a co2 blasted container for dry hop additions
    - withstand pressure fermentation and transfers
    - easy to clean

    bastard lovechild of a spike flex and ss brewtech with a sprinking of gf conical (although I really dont like the gf conical)

    whatever you do don't click here https://www.ssbrewtech.com/pages/brite-tanks-1 it will cause you pain...now i want one of these
    Last edited by groenspookasem; 15th September 2020 at 11:42.

  8. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    The ones I want I cant have; perhaps have one fabricated with some of these features
    - double walled s/s with cooling and heating (glycol and heat bands)
    - conical with butterfly valves to dump trub
    - ability to fill and insert a co2 blasted container for dry hop additions
    - withstand pressure fermentation and transfers
    - easy to clean

    bastard lovechild of a spike flex and ss brewtech with a sprinking of gf conical (although I really dont like the gf conical)

    whatever you do don't click here https://www.ssbrewtech.com/pages/brite-tanks-1 it will cause you pain...now i want one of these
    Probably a little small for you but these look really nice feature wise.
    https://www.grainandgrape.com.au/pro...sure-fermenter

    Alternatively you could always get something like a brewjacket and let that sort out the temps?
    https://www.grainandgrape.com.au/pro...rmenter-jacket

  9. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    whatever you do don't click here https://www.ssbrewtech.com/pages/brite-tanks-1 it will cause you pain...now i want one of these
    yeah.... eina pyn.

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hartbeespoort/De Wildt
    Posts
    1,587

    Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    An operational fridge with a STC-1000 and 25W seedling heating pad is exactly what I use for my fermentations, works great.
    used the same for years

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •