Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beersmith Recipe Advice

HI Guys!

So this will be the first time I use Beersmith v2 - so can you please let me know if my steps I have taken sounds correct:

1. Setup my Own Equipment
    2. Download Recipe of Beersmith Recipe site
    3. Scale Recipe to my Equipment
    4. Ask you guys for help!

So that's where I am at - now does this recipe seem correct to you guys?

My Main Concerns:
    I feel like it's so little grains for 15l?
    The ABV is to low?

Please advice - thanks!
    beersmith.jpg

100% grain bill weight and est OG ito efficiency and batch size. abv % also 100% I get 2 ibu's more but its just a setting on my side I think.

Some advice if I may, keep a log sheet of each brew ito actual OG (and other) this will help you get a good sense of your avg efficiency and help you to make accurate changes to your beersmith settings in future. pm me Ill mail you my brew day log sheet.
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 10 July 2018, 13:18.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Legendary!

Then the last question is somehow it doesnt understand I am doing Full Water at the start for my BIAB - how do I change the recipe to understand I do single mash no sparge?

beersmith2.JPG

Comment

^ Change this to BIAB ....
        Screenshot_9.jpg

Just select the corresponding one for your mash temp...
        Screenshot_11.jpg

Then edit it for a FULL boil ....
        Screenshot_10.jpg

PS: the other thing I usually do with recipes that I import is to round all the ingredients off....

1.68 will become 1.7
        24.07 ... to 24g
        and so forth
        JIGSAW
        Last edited by JIGSAW; 10 July 2018, 18:57.
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

This is what that recipe will look like on my side, so your settings seems ok ....

Screenshot_12.jpg

and since its easier to buy grain per KG, I might even push it up to this ...

Screenshot_13.jpg

but thats just me
          JIGSAW
          Last edited by JIGSAW; 10 July 2018, 19:13.
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

v3 was released a few weeks ago. If you recently downloaded/purchased Beersmith, then you can upgrade for free.

Your steps seem good, but minor things that may help: Go to settings and change the measurement units. Unless you are comfortable with oz, then you are fine.

The ABV is fine, the malt is fine. But I do prefer lower ABV beers.
            Your ABV will be higher if you change your mash temp - going for a light body (lower temp mash). The yeast will add body to the beer.

Comment

Working...
            X