Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHeydenrych View Post
    M29 is an absolute workhorse, got my wort down from 1.060 to 1.002 great peppery and citrus flavour on the nose. Works well in conjunction with Citra hops, making a beer similar to the tank 7 farmhouse ale or The Franschoek Beer Co La Saison.
    Did you perhaps take note of what sort of fermentation temps you had going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquesdrum View Post
    Did you perhaps take note of what sort of fermentation temps you had going on?
    I pitched at 18C, let it rise to 20C for the first 4 days then pushed it to 24C for the last 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHeydenrych View Post
    I pitched at 18C, let it rise to 20C for the first 4 days then pushed it to 24C for the last 2 days.
    I suspected that might be the way to go... Thanks a lot!

Hi guys. This is my first time I actually observed this particular yeast strain during active fermentation. Iíve never seen a Krausen like this before. Is this normal or is my beer infected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks OK.

Im more OCD about the stuff on the lid and groves on that bucket ... my FV must be sparkling clean, but thats just me
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Thanks a lot! Thatís such a relief. And yes! Lost a few beers from overlooking small details like not cleaning the tap on my FV properly

Tasted the beer today. Itís freaking delicious. This yeast gives the beer a fruity/spicy character which I really like!

I am busy fermenting a 1.060 saison story this yeast. Started at 18 degrees and ramped up to 22 after 4 days. I am on day 10 now and it is still steadily fermenting. It is still at around 1.025 so still a way to go. Really taking its time.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    I am busy fermenting a 1.060 saison story this yeast. Started at 18 degrees and ramped up to 22 after 4 days. I am on day 10 now and it is still steadily fermenting. It is still at around 1.025 so still a way to go. Really taking its time.

Saison yeasts are notorious in this regard. My beer shot down from 1.055 to 1.012 in approximately 24hours then it slowed dramatically, taking another week to finish off at 1.005

Looks like it may finally be finished. And FG is sitting at a really dry 1.004

Will leave it to condition a few days more and then start the cold crash and kegging.