No announcement yet.

SA National Homebrew Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im super excited to see what the judges say! Its my first time entering! Will be good to get some technical advice since im pretty isolated. Not many brewers or craft fanatics in my neck of the woods

Comment

SANHC Awards Ceremony

This is what you've been waiting for! On the 14th November we will be announcing the winners of the 2018 South African National Homebrew Champs.

Join from 1830 (for 1900 sharp start) at Beerhouse on Long in Cape Town or via live video link at Beerhouse in Fourways.

For those that can't make it to either of the locations, set up your own party and watch on our live video stream.

Bring your mates, family and homebrew club and make a good night of it. Everyone is welcome.

Details on Facebook - Cape Town, Johannesburg, Live Stream.

Comment

Well done AtronSeige a.k.a. Jaco Hamilton-Attwell 2 beers in the finals including a 5 th place in SANHC 2018 that's awesome
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
          Well done AtronSeige a.k.a. Jaco Hamilton-Attwell 2 beers in the finals including a 5 th place in SANHC 2018 that's awesome
          absolutely

great street creds there

Comment

Hey folks. Anybody know when/ how we will get our scoresheets back?

Comment

Congrats
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaquesdrum View Post
                usually scanned and emailed within 2 weeks

Comment

Thanks and congrats to the winners

Comment

Congrats to all the winners and to everyone in general. The overall quality of the beer was fantastic.

We will get the scoresheets scanned and emailed out as soon as possible.

Apologies for the Fourways Video Feed - we were so excited for the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                      Thanks! I loved that the presenter had to say "Lamplight, the three winged elephant", even if it was barely audible.

Comment

RobCass has already started sending back the Norther prelim scoresheets.

Lucy said that the Southern scoresheets will be sent out "within a week"

Comment

Got mine today! Really useful feedback. Thanks again to the organisers.

Comment

Congrats to all of you that entered and especially those that produced some winning beers
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                              Thanks! I loved that the presenter had to say "Lamplight, the three winged elephant", even if it was barely audible.
                              Haha, yes, the terrible audio, we've got a lot of flak for that. Everything worked fine when we tested in the afternoon, but Murphy was on top form that evening I'm afraid....

We should have had a prize for the best named beers, you would have taken first second and third I think:
                              Lamplight, the three winged elephant,
                              Gon'n'b'yum, (Glad I didn't have to pronounce that up on stage...)
                              Defective Hippo Princess

Comment

JHB prelim round score sheets have been sent already. (Thanks Rob!)
                                I've finished scanning the final round score sheets and will start emailing them tonight.
                                Cape Town prelim round score sheets are about halfway scanned so they should also be emailed by tomorrow evening.

Comment

Working...
                                X