Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable Malt Roller Mills + Bottle Holders/Carriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I want some more of those sweet carriers of yours. I'm using that one I got from you the other day quite a bit - and I'm looking after it like gold. Nobody's taking it from me!
    You were one of my guinea pigs . Thanks for the feedback.

You been quiet lately?.. time for another swop
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
      Seems to be the similiar principal as Corona, two plated grinding the grain. Do not see anyting you can adjust for grain fineness, so that might be an issue, unless doing BIAB then to fine grain not an issue.
      There is something at the back like the one from this picture ....

Screenshot_10.jpg

PS: Supplied pictures are not from his mill (found them online but looks the same)
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
        You were one of my guinea pigs . Thanks for the feedback.

You been quiet lately?.. time for another swop
        Need to brew my next batch first. Just have my coffee-choc stouts and I'm not entirely sure what to make of them, to be honest. I enjoy them, but I also seem to be one of the very few who do. Granted most aren't stout lovers, but still...

Maybe I should put out an open invite - whoever wants one, I got a few here that are looking for reviews!

PS Brewcraft's website is down (hacked) but they have an old-ass hand-operated grain mill for sale for something like R800. Not bad, if you ask me.

Comment

Corona grain mill - R850 at Brewcraft, thats where I purchased mine and quite happy with it. You can remove the handle and attach drill.
          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

The corona and Victoria mill can be adjusted , the gap between the discs can be adjusted

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              That sounds great ....

I'm sure once you have this finalized and do some demo's at beer festivals, it will sell
              Jigsaw, Great advice. Do you know of any festivals or shows which are home brewer focused rather than just being craft beer focused?
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                Jigsaw, Great advice. Do you know of any festivals or shows which are home brewer focused rather than just being craft beer focused?
                The Worthogs Club has two festivals a year, and then my wife and Megan Gemmell (Clockwork Brewery) also arrange and host Africa Brew every November.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                  The Worthogs Club has two festivals a year, and then my wife and Megan Gemmell (Clockwork Brewery) also arrange and host Africa Brew every November.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Are you doing 2 or 3 rollers? Hardened or unhardend SS?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a 2 roller version plus a 1 roller + mill plate version. Its medium carbon steel so more durable than normal mild steel, and hardening could be done on the steel as an option but the work hardening already gives additional hardness. Parts are electrogalvanised. Stainless rollers alone would probably double the cost.
                      Cheers,
                      Lang
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Do you have a price estimation in mind? I live a stone throw from the beach and if you're quiet enough you can hear stuff rust all around you. Installing my fireplace flue was fun, around 10+m of stainless piping, pity the cold rolled boiler steel fireplace is rusting from the inside out which needs replacing soon,but the chimney is still good. Long story short, I'd have to go stainless

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

I think at the coast even the iron in stainless stress rusts away and just leaves you with a chrome sponge. Hell when I was at the coast I had iron supplement tablets and even those flippen rusted! Like you say, you would probably need stainless very close to the beach.

I am trying to get the plate roller to around R1500 and the double roller one below R2000. Need to try and skim about R500 off each at this stage
                          Cheers,
                          Lang
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Someone asked the other day, about progress on this, but I cant remember who it was...

I have decided for now to just focus on the basic roller plate mill. I used it to mill my whole grain bill for my last batch and found it quite difficult to hold down steadily while grinding. So, aspects I am sorting out:

IMG_20190219_081033.jpg

-A bigger hopper and wider grain feed slot.
                            -A nice solid bucket-top base that the mill locks onto
                            -A drill drive gearing setup [Actually just trying this for my own use, but if it works and is safe enough, I will look at it as an option]
                            Langchop
                            Last edited by Langchop; 19 February 2019, 08:12.
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Great progress! Hopefully this year you could release two-three testers. I think the Northriding brewers should get first dibs
                              "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

Im sure it was me that asked ... not sure what thread that was.

Nonetheless, thanks for the update ... Im holding off on buying any mills, until I hear your final decision
                                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X