No announcement yet.

Mangrove Jack's strawberry & pear cider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that on Toxxyc's thread. Will definitely try that next time it's on special! Since you've done it before I'm assuming it's either low on preservatives or you found a loophole.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

No preservatives, bar ascorbic acid. With an unmodified OG of 1.050, dropped a healthy clear to 1.010 in about two weeks. I made a cranberry apple and it's good enough with no effort, puts MJ in the shame corner.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        No preservatives, bar ascorbic acid. With an unmodified OG of 1.050, dropped a healthy clear to 1.010 in about two weeks. I made a cranberry apple and it's good enough with no effort, puts MJ in the shame corner.

I'm busy trying this with mango LiquiFruit and unknown Morgan's kit yeast. I will let you know how it turns out. You going to give it a try with pear LiquiFruit Janniev?
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Hell no.[emoji2961] I'm cured of pear. I'm going to shamelessly copy our candy floss friend here and do the cranberry apple. Sounds like something almost good for you. And then hopefully my wife might drink this one with me.

Like groenspookasem said. What a shame liquifruit that makes a better cider kit then MJ.

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd say go for it, you may like the end result to do it again. Mango is my next cider, wifey is a slow consumer of cider and the keg is still on the heavy side

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
              I'm busy trying this with mango LiquiFruit and unknown Morgan's kit yeast. I will let you know how it turns out. You going to give it a try with pear LiquiFruit Janniev?
              Is this possible?? I can go buy 10 litres of LiquiFruit and throw in some yeast and boom?
              "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

Indeed you can :-) A few of the tetrapak juices are preservative free (woolies, ceres, liquifruit, etc) Just read the ingredients to make sure - ascorbic acid is okay

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                  Indeed you can :-) A few of the tetrapak juices are preservative free (woolies, ceres, liquifruit, etc) Just read the ingredients to make sure - ascorbic acid is okay
                  Any recommendations? US05 ok?
                  "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

Originally posted by billionairebum View Post
                    Is this possible?? I can go buy 10 litres of LiquiFruit and throw in some yeast and boom?
                    I just bottled 3 bottles from this 2L experiment:

-In its original state it was 1.047
                    -I just took out ~250ml for headspace from the carton
                    -I used Morgans kit yeast which typically seems very similar to US05 in characteristics (most recommendations here i have seen are for US04 tho)
                    -I was a bit worried for not using nutrient, but apparently if you just pitch yeast generously you can circumvent this issue.
                    -Went down to 1.014 in 8 days (stable for 2 days), with all trace of foam/ krauzen gone
                    -There was a lot of thick yellow sediment at the bottom which I held back (i thought it was yeast sediment but i think it was just mango 'tissue'. Maybe longer ferment would have taken care of it, or I should have filtered thicker stuff out before fermenting

Looked good, smelled good. Will let you know in a couple of weeks.
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
                    X