X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
    American wheat beer, its delicious

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Would you mind sharing your recipe? All that wheat and the grainfather scares me..

Comment

• Chur , im out and about right now. I think is in here though

Comment

Chur , im out and about right now. I think is in here though

https://www.wortsandall.co.za/showth...ll=1#post23457
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Dankie!

No rice hulls? I guess your mash stirring helps avoid a stuck sparge? I am scared.. [emoji23]

Comment

• Rice hulls? Never used it, stir every 15min and shell be right. The first 20min is the most important

Comment

• ^ Many GF brewers use Rice Hulls these days to aid with the circulation/stuck mash which happens quite often when they use rye malt or wheat malt.

I think that's whyPaBz0r asked
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Fer sure, I know of them and why people use it, but haven't really had the need with wheat, rye is something else entirely.

Where do you find Rice hulls though?

Comment

Fer sure, I know of them and why people use it, but haven't really had the need with wheat, rye is something else entirely.

Where do you find Rice hulls though?

I'd also like to know?

I've been trying to get hold of some, or Oat husks for some time now to no avail

Comment

• Bevplus has stock, but only in bulk. Brewcraft also normally stocks

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                      Bevplus has stock, but only in bulk. Brewcraft also normally stocks
                      https://www.beerplus.co.za/product/2...hulls/3186/231

Comment

• Ok yeah, i believe i came across them but alas, 20Kg wasn't quite what i was looking for...

I'd be willing to split with 3 other peeps in Gauteng if anyone else is looking to get some?
                        I'm sure 5Kg will last a loooong time.

Also, checked with Brewcraft and they are still out of stock of their oat hulls
                        CaPunT
                        Last edited by CaPunT; 20 October 2020, 19:10. Reason: oat hulls

Comment

• Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
                          Ok yeah, i believe i came across them but alas, 20Kg wasn't quite what i was looking for...

I'd be willing to split with 3 other peeps in Gauteng if anyone else is looking to get some?
                          I'm sure 5Kg will last a loooong time.

Also, checked with Brewcraft and they are still out of stock of their oat hulls
                          Im keen to split, lets see if we can get a 3rd/4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                            Im keen to split, lets see if we can get a 3rd/4th.
                            Awesome, thanks!

Any other takers out there?

Comment

• So I brewed my SMaSH on Wed (16th) and pitched voss on Thu. Was going like a boeing in my 30-35 degree hotbox for about 24 hrs and then simmered down. I've read and saw that fermentation takes about 3 days (I'll take a reading tonight), but how long must I leave it to clean up (and at what temp)? Also if fermentation is finished, can I dryphop tonight (never done it before)

I'm trying to push for xmas beer but I don't think I'll make it.

Comment

• Well you did use Voss. So if you're looking for a Christmas beer you can still make it but should probably drop the dry hop and bottle now. You could risk it and do a 2 day dry hop and bottle monday night. It might still carb in time but i dont know

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X