No announcement yet.

American blonde BIAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jannie, I copied your exact recipe. This is mine after one week. Even though I usually prefer my blondes closer to 25 IBU's, I can easily see myself emptying this keg long before the next batch is ready. It was my first time using Nelson Sauvin, and judging by this I will definitely experiment with a more bitter version.

Maybe Nelson IPA?

Well done on your version of this Blonde!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! I cant take all the credit for the recipe. It's almost a direct copy of groenspookasem s house blonde. But I'm really happy you liked it. That Nelson is really a great hop! BTW. How are your stats? OG FG. Alc% ibu. O and shat yeast did you go for? Looks great in the glass!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
        Awesome! I cant take all the credit for the recipe. It's almost a direct copy of groenspookasem s house blonde. But I'm really happy you liked it. That Nelson is really a great hop! BTW. How are your stats? OG FG. Alc% ibu. O and shat yeast did you go for? Looks great in the glass!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk
        OG was 1.048, it finished off at 1.008. (5.25% ABV). I just went with my trusty US 05 yeast.
        I enjoyed it so much that I actually have a slight headache this morning. Good beer and good music can really make you forget about the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Stander View Post
          Jannie, I copied your exact recipe. This is mine after one week. Even though I usually prefer my blondes closer to 25 IBU's, I can easily see myself emptying this keg long before the next batch is ready. It was my first time using Nelson Sauvin, and judging by this I will definitely experiment with a more bitter version.
          Remember there is only a fine line between an American Blonde and an American IPA..........

So stick under 30 IBUs

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            Remember there is only a fine line between an American Blonde and an American IPA..........

So stick under 30 IBUs
            Agreed. I usually aim for about 25 IBU with my blondes.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
              That's usually my statement but it is common knowledge. Blondes and lagers will test your process.

This is true.

Comment

Working...
              X