No announcement yet.

CO2 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrigued, do they come in pin lock or only ball lock?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Merrifield View Post
      Where in DBN are you getting your CO2 2kg for R35? I have an uncle coming up on Monday and he'd be able to bring one up for me.
      What does it cost new bottle included as I have nothing at the moment.
      Ocean fire in Springfield. It's R35 for a refill not a cylinder so you need to bring them an empty to fill.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        Intrigued, do they come in pin lock or only ball lock?
        I've only ever seen them in the ball-lock version

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
        That little goody is very versatile. Do you have a little tube and stone on the spigot or do you just turn upside down when carbing?

I'm thinking this could also be just the thing for the occasional bottle fill from keg.
        Just a tube (Altho the tube only helps when counter-filling from keg so it fills from the bottom but I have it connected permanently to the adapter)...
        Leave a little head space in bottle when filling with water ...
        Squeeze out air before tightening adapter ...
        Connect the gas at ±40psi and shake the shit out of the bottle for ±25sec .... so I have fresh soda water with a minute.

Like this, but I keep the line connected while shaking ...
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Like this, but I keep the line connected while shaking ...
          The connect-disconnect-reconnect disconnect does seem a bit pointless. Also, I prefer a S/S carb cap like yours for the same price as that plastic one.

I was quite keen on this as a counter pressure filler option, but I think I will try make one first, and see how that turns out. And then get one of these if that doesnt work out.
          Langchop
          Last edited by Langchop; 19 August 2019, 08:29.
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

The connect-disconnect-reconnect disconnect does seem a bit pointless. Also, I prefer a S/S carb cap like yours for the same price as that plastic one.
            Yip, the price on that plastic version is a bit high and it also doesn't feature the counter fill option (no barb)

<>but I think I will try make one first, and see how that turns out. And then get one of these if that doesnt work out.
            Well, going by all the other stuff you've designed so far, Im sure you'll come up with something worthwhile

Comment

Have both the carbonation cap and one of these;
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/304-Stainle...oAAOSwFGNcUXCY

Well not, the exact item, but this sort of thing. Mounted it on a hinged wooden block and it works a treat for bottling from a keg. Use this anytime I want beer to last longer than a week.

Less than a week I fill my growlers with a piece of silicon tubing straight on the tap - just make sure you keep your empty, sterilised growler in the fridge and pour a helf pint to drink first. Almost no foam if everything is cold.

Comment

Yea Im kind of a bit anxious to get some of my kegged beer in bottles. Im not really finding them amazing, and think they will age well though. Also want to be able to give people some beers in bottles. So I have just thrown together a cheapy, that will do the job, just waiting for some push fit fittings.

IMG_20190820_073946.jpg

I think with most of the commercial fillers and spundings you are just paying for a lot of adaptors from this thread to that thread to another thread, and it becomes bulky and expensive.

I do want a carb cap one day when im big though.
                Langchop
                Last edited by Langchop; 20 August 2019, 07:43.
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yea Im kind of a bit anxious to get some of my kegged beer in bottles. Im not really finding them amazing, and think they will age well though. Also want to be able to give people some beers in bottles. So I have just thrown together a cheapy, that will do the job, just waiting for some push fit fittings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2112[/ATTACH]

I think with most of the commercial fillers and spundings you are just paying for a lot of adaptors from this thread to that thread to another thread, and it becomes bulky and expensive.

clever idea

Close both taps, open gas for purge, close gas, open beer tap for fill?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2112[/ATTACH]

Cool. I take it the section with the yellow sticker seal against the top of the bottle .... how are you letting air out the bottle so liquid can flow in?

Would also be better if you could get that center tube ID smaller because beer flowing from a small to large diameter could force CO² out of the beer causing you to have more foam than wanted ?? ... well thats what I think at least ... the first test would tell

Comment

Cool. I take it the section with the yellow sticker seal against the top of the bottle .... how are you letting air out the bottle so liquid can flow in?
                      Yup. Just for simples sake want to see how easily it works just controlling pressure by how hard I push the washer down on the bottle (and let gas escape past the washer as required). It should **really** be like the below image (ms paint photoshop job), with a valve of sorts, but trying to KISS.

IMG_20190820_073946.jpg

Would also be better if you could get that center tube ID smaller because beer flowing from a small to large diameter could force CO² out of the beer causing you to have more foam than wanted ??
                      I suspect(ed) the same, but wanted to use standard Builders Whorehouse hardware items. Then I also figured, that wider pipe will have slower flow and might actually be better!? Pouring into the bottom of the bottle is effectively flowing from a small diameter to a large diameter anyway. Those were my thoughts but I guess the proof will be in the pudding. Will let you know when I get the chance to play around with it.

With a bit of digging, I see commercial can fillers seem to also have quite a large filler spout (Though I cant see the inside of the 'tube'):
                      thgrtsygrt.jpg
                      Cheers,
                      Lang
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

While I appreciate the free bumps can I ask you guys to take this discussion elsewhere. So many replies and not one with interest in my cylinders for sale

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

If only you were in Cape Town I'd take your cylinders...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone around West Rand side with suggestions on where to get CO2 refilled currently?
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Anyone around West Rand side with suggestions on where to get CO2 refilled currently?
                              I'm sure I read something somewhere about guys doing it at the fire department. I see you're in northriding so have you tried huntershill firestation by goldenharvest?
                              BruHaha
                              Last edited by BruHaha; 8 January 2021, 09:33.

Comment

I went early in the week, but the skeleton staff seemed quite clueless as to what I was asking. Going to try on the weekend when apparently there will be more people who may be able to advise.

I got a quote from a place in Kya Sands for R670 incl. I could just as well buy a new tank and recover the difference from scrap metal.
                                Cheers,
                                Lang
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X