Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewing competitions: Provincial competitions, Festivals and Clubs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing competitions: Provincial competitions, Festivals and Clubs.

Here's a chance for you show of those excellent beers that you have been brewing and also get some feedback from accredited BJCP judges.

Its also a good trial run for SA NHC - SA National Homebrew Competition that's normally held around the end of October.

I think The academy of taste is a annual competition but I'm not 100% sure. If you brew now you can still get you beer to Bloemfontein in time.

1st time attaching a doc, hopefully you will be able to open it

2019 Academy of Taste Competition III.pdf
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 18 July 2019, 11:18.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Is there a "i gon goofed 'nd me beer ended up at 2%" category?

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      Is there a "i gon goofed 'nd me beer ended up at 2%" category?
      Yes, category 5a German Leichtbier

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
      2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

My phone won't download. Can you share a link?

I'd like some opinions on my brews to help me improve

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

I can whatsapp or mail you the pdf file, pm me with your details. Unfortunately its only for category 5, 15, 20, 23 and 25 beers. SA NHC in November is for all the BJCP categories.

Comment

I hope JP doesn't wake up late again and ask for judges at the last minute............

Comment

Just go to BJCP website to get the bottle ID forms/format that you need to print and complete and attach to your bottles with elastic bands. You don't have to pay $30 to register to BJCP.org

Pay your R100 entry fee and e-mail proof of payment to Jasiu@stellarbrewery.co.za with a copy of the bottle ID that you entered. Confirm delivery address with Jasiu vie tel no. then courier to Bloemfontein.

(I dropped my beer of at a club meeting so Im not 100% sure of the delivery address) Good Luck
              Harhm
              Last edited by Harhm; 25 August 2019, 13:51.

Comment

How did the guys that entered the Academy of taste brewing competition do?

Im very happy with the comprehensive feedback from most of the judges, sometimes they just make short notes and scribble. I like it that some judges even made suggestions on how to improve a beer.

Im very stoked with my 3% abv German Leichtbier that won Best of show against far more flavourful beerstyles.
                Harhm
                Last edited by Harhm; 29 August 2019, 11:58.

Comment

Great stuff. Well done
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                    Im very stoked with my 3% abv German Leichtbier that won Best of show against far more flavourful beerstyles.
                    well done!

Comment

Congrats
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Well done!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/27079202669...8276997282932/

Great event to attend, get your brew on for the comp [emoji6]

Link to the competition entry page.
                          Harhm
                          Last edited by Harhm; 9 December 2019, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
                            https://www.facebook.com/27079202669...8276997282932/

Great event to attend, get your brew on for the comp [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                            Bunch of nutters down there.

Comment

Working...
                            X