Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a chiller

Hi All

My equipment can do batches of 50 to 75 liters each.

I use a copper coil to cool down the wort, but the water temperature here is high.

I´m looking for a chiller to cool down the wort- 60 liters to 15ºC after boiling in 30 min.

Regards

Another feed coil run through a bucket of ice water during the final stages?

Also, welcome
    Langchop
    Last edited by Langchop; 5 December 2019, 19:52.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Use water to break the heat, then recirculate your water through the submerged in ice in cooler to chill super fast. Loads of youtubes on the topic

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi, Welcome

Yip, 2x copper coils if you can ... One in the wort and the other in an ice bucket that cools the water down before it hits the coil in the wort.

.... and secondly, move the wort around while cooling.
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Yes of course, I was thinking around my CFC, with the copper coil in front of it...

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

I also brew 50-75L at the moment and we use the 2-phase method with 2 chillers.

I bring the wort down to ambient water temp with the standard large immersions chiller then connect another copper coil that is in a huge stainless bin (old 3 bag pool sand filter housing) which drops the incoming water temp to 0 degrees or thereabouts, this brings the wort down to pitching temp.

You MUST watch the ice level and the wort temp closely: as soon as the ice gets too little, the water temp starts climbing again VERY quickly.

or else brew with Kveik............

Comment

Working...
            X