• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With all the components reconnected by means of
    rubber hosing,....

_DSC0359.jpg

Comment

• Were on the road again, heading for the launch pad!!

Another trial run before lift off!!
      H. erectus
      Last edited by H. erectus; 27 October 2020, 18:43.

Comment

• Haha, love it. Jy kuier terwyl jy bou neh!!

Comment

LOL_new.jpg
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
            Haha, love it. Jy kuier terwyl jy bou neh!!
            Heh he, dis een van perks wat saam met die job loop!! That's why I
            chose for such a long and difficult task,....let's go see what else can
            go wrong!!!??

Comment

• Another trial run completed.,.. still one more leak in the system.
              Phanks gawd for that!! Back to the workshop we go.. Becoming
              scared!!

Comment

• Ugh.. I was doing a dry run on my system and the pratley steel broke, on the washing machine pump.. super confused.. thought the stuff was meant to fix broken stuff not break.

I've reset it but now I need to wait 24 hours

Comment

Ugh.. I was doing a dry run on my system and the pratley steel broke, on the washing machine pump.. super confused.. thought the stuff was meant to fix broken stuff not break.

I've reset it but now I need to wait 24 hours
                  Stupid question, but did you mix it long enough? You gotta really follow their instructions and mix the crap out of that putty the full 6 or 7 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
                    Stupid question, but did you mix it long enough? You gotta really follow their instructions and mix the crap out of that putty the full 6 or 7 minutes.
                    That is not a stupid question.. no no I did not just mixed it til it was all the same colour.. guess I need to redo it.

The problem with not being handy is that your not handy.

Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

• You roll it out into a sausage between your palms and then into a ball and then a sausage and then a ball... so on and so forth... Have a look at the instruction leaflet - they have a couple of photos of the technique to use and describe what the texture / consistency should look like as it goes through its phases.

Comment

• Yeah you need to mix it for 6 to 8 minutes IIRC. However, I also used it on my urn-still conversion thing the other day and it also broke off on one of the clips. Did it again, and gave it its full 48 hours to cure, and it broke off again on the same clip. So I dunno how great that stuff really is. Mine never really got to a "great" consistency, and I mixed and shaped and worked it properly. It always remained a tiny bit crumbly. So now I dunno what I'm going to do to fix it. Eh.

Comment

Ugh.. and the pratley steel broke, on the washing machine pump..

Not all Pratleys are suitable for all products.

What are you applying the glue onto? Plastic or steel?
                          Can you post a photo maybe I can be of help.

Comment

• Why do you people use the putty version? ... It's a bitch to mix.

Use the liquid version ...
                            Screenshot_31.jpg

Mix within seconds
                            Easy to Apply
                            Sit soos snot aan n wol kombers

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                              Why do you people use the putty version? ... It's a bitch to mix.

Use the liquid version ...
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]2751[/ATTACH]

Mix within seconds
                              Easy to Apply
                              Sit soos snot aan n wol kombers

It wasn't my choice. The salesman stuck a box in my hand and I was just too stupid to check. I usually take the epoxy, not the putty. Think I need to go pick up a box.

Comment

• And the leak was attended too, another trial run
                                looming!! This time however it will include all that
                                is required(vinegar and salt and lemon juice and some
                                elbow grease) making the effort ready for a run!!

The proof now remains in the pudding!!

My membership indicates 98 posts, with 2 too spare!!!
                                Any suggestions for a grand approach,,... at 100!!
                                H. erectus
                                Last edited by H. erectus; 29 October 2020, 20:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X