No announcement yet.

my brewery rebuild attempt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jip Jigsaw has it. The idea is that your coldest cooling water is at the outlet so your product is chilled as low as possible. If you introduce the cold watter where the product is the hottest you only cool to a midpoint where the to fluid Temps are as close as possible to each other.

Hope the pic helps

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
      Jip Jigsaw has it. The idea is that your coldest cooling water is at the outlet so your product is chilled as low as possible. If you introduce the cold watter where the product is the hottest you only cool to a midpoint where the to fluid Temps are as close as possible to each other.

Hope the pic helps

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Geeseeshhh, more rocket sciences,...

Heheh he, got the idea,....

Comment

• Come to think of it, one can control the cold water usage
        far more accurately, this because the area where cold meets
        hot is far greater at a constant temperature along this area.

Also I find that I need a lot of cold water supply

Comment

• It will still work as is, but "up to 15% more efficient" for a simple swoparound means less ice to buy for minimal effort
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Thank you all for the comments! Makes for a better understanding
            of how the sciences work. Me heading into a new world, how great
            can that be,....

Comment

• Changed the hoses on the condenser. Now the pump seems to stress
              just a bit more. Will try minimize the elevation(head), the pump has to
              cope with. Difficult to say if there is any improvement at this stage.
              Did my 3rd still run today. Again very impressed with the results. Also
              I'm finding more and more re occurring stages that one can rely on and
              repeat with future batches in mind. Today I managed one full liter from
              a 14 liter wash. I'm ok with that. The gin was quite clear after the
              second still, 85 proof, till I added water toning it down to 43abv. It turned
              milky.Why is this? Any comments will be appreciated,..,..

Comment

• You water wasn't clean. Go to a hardware store and buy distilled water they use in batteries, and use that to water down your booze.

Comment

• Supposedly something to do with fusal oils (excessive tails?) or high minerals in the water.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Sounds like you need to compare notes with @Treeman
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Add some pink colouring - then you'll have craft gin

Comment

• Had a another still run today. No4. All went extremely well
                        and myself beginning to feel more comfortable with the
                        process of distilling. Till the very end,.....seems I got conned
                        again,....!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                          You water wasn't clean. Go to a hardware store and buy distilled water they use in batteries, and use that to water down your booze.
                          Did exactly as you suggested, First went to the spares shop
                          but they only had "battery water" and he could not tell me about
                          what else the water contained. So I skipped that one and continued
                          to the hardware which had distilled water, the label and all much more
                          convincing. Had a perfect clear distill, 85 proof. Poured the distilled
                          water into the mix and poof, ended up with what resembled a liter milk
                          in a glass bottle!!!,. On closer inspection it seemed the bottle had
                          been tampered with,...the real distilled water replaced with tap water!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                            Supposedly something to do with fusal oils (excessive tails?) or high minerals in the water.
                            That can very well be so. I have difficulty finding the cutting
                            point for the tails. I stand to be corrected but I seem to think
                            that I read somewhere the "hearts" float somewhere in the region
                            50-60 proof,..is this true?. Also, we pump water from a well!
                            This water extremely hard in mineral content. Used it to make the
                            sugar wash and all well in distilling, till the final mix,...

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                              Sounds like you need to compare notes with @Treeman
                              Who might this person be? Did he also have problems?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                                Add some pink colouring - then you'll have craft gin

What a good idea!! Also had a request for litchi flavored gin. .
                                Pink litchi gin now that can only take off like a rocket in these
                                troubled times of lockdown. Have you any recipe for such a gin!!

Comment

Working...
                                X