German for a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German for a day

Ok so I have a friend that visits SA rather frequently from germany. Every time he does I drink some home brews with him. I always get good feedback from him, he also brewed until he realized he could never match the quality available in his area, considering he lives close to a university that offers a dr. In brewing I get that. Anyway. So on his last visit just before the lockdown he drops of 2x grain bags, hops and recipes.

So today I brew 2x Real all german beers.

It will also be my first step mash.

Beer number 1 Roggen Ritter " rye Knight "

Beer number 2 Andreas Gose.
    This one doesn't need translation. I'm not sure I'll like it but I'll brew it none the less.
    I have to add Salt!

Anyway also have to translate.
    It's going to be a fun day!

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

One thing sucks though.
    No grain bill or hop names. It's a kit. So I cannot put it into my brewing software or replicate it afterwards

Comment

I can help you a bit... Kg in English is kg. The rest is up to you and Google translate!

Cool 'background story' for a beer though.
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

It was an interesting time with google translate. But I think I've got it now.

What a mash schedule
        20min @45c
        20min @50c
        45min at 65c
        20at 70
        Then mash out
        Then 20min lauter.

And a 90min boil.

But I'll mess with it a bit. This is crazy. I'm skipping the 70c mash out and lauter.

Also boil for 60 only

Comment

The rye knight looks fun, mashing rye is a pita. Good luck and have fun with it. Personally not a gose fan.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 Rye is a b|tch ... hope that grain bill includes some rice hulls
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I've never had a gose but from what I read about the style I'm not sure it's for me. I also thought rye knight sounds like fun. Luckily I use BIAB. But man when I squeezed it I realized what's up with rye. Its gooey! Man it even left a skin on the top of the wort during the boil.

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                I've never had a gose but from what I read about the style I'm not sure it's for me. I also thought rye knight sounds like fun. Luckily I use BIAB. But man when I squeezed it I realized what's up with rye. Its gooey! Man it even left a skin on the top of the wort during the boil. Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk
                I also BIAB and took forever to drain the bag properly when i used rye ... right there and then i made the decision NEVER EVER AGAIN !
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                X