No announcement yet.

Beginner brew advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the speedy replies guys! I currently have it sitting in the fridge covered up nicely. Hopefully will be able to leave it until Saturday and then bottle. Will see if the girlfriend doesn't mind the contents of the fridge sitting out on the counter for just a few days :P

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Remove airlock ....

Remove lid and cover opening with "cling-wrap" .... replace lid.

Wash and store airlock for next brew

- - - Updated - - -

Nice idea
    Thanks Jigsaw! Do you sanitize the cling wrap as usual with a no-rinse sanitizer or just use it as is?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoboSpit View Post
      Thanks for all the speedy replies guys! I currently have it sitting in the fridge covered up nicely. Hopefully will be able to leave it until Saturday and then bottle. Will see if the girlfriend doesn't mind the contents of the fridge sitting out on the counter for just a few days :P Thanks Jigsaw! Do you sanitize the cling wrap as usual with a no-rinse sanitizer or just use it as is?
      As Is ... Im of the opinion that once you have beer, unless you're going to put it outside in the sun, there isn't much you can do wrong to infect if ... do you treat a beer you buy from the shop like a new born baby ? ... exactly ... you have beer... its flat and only needs bubbles.
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Besides, most "sealed" plastic products like cling wrap (and even the insides of black plastic refuse bags) are pretty much sterile as they're made in hot machines, and don't see human contact until they're opened at home.

Comment

• Exactly ... Cling-wrap was designed to wrap food products. Nowhere on the package does it state sanitize before use
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Interesting. Obviously makes a lot of sense but I hadn't thought about that. I'll keep that in mind going forward! This time I just used some tinfoil to stuff in the grommet and then some more to cover it all up. Seemed to work fine and I could see the pressure pulling on the bucket lid.

I crashed it just short of 3 days and bottled it last night! I got about 2 liters less than I expected due to the excess hop residue and trub that I didn't account for (only expected about 1 liter). So my bulk prime was overshot from 2.7 volume to 3.2 volume c02.

Regardless, I'm super excited about this one!

Comment

Working...
            X