No announcement yet.

Grolsch swing top bottles, where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial beer gives me heartburn of note and I really dont like the strong corn taste they all have. I find it difficult to enjoy many (not all) craft beers. I tend to critically pick at it and wonder why I'm paying R50+ for a shitty beer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I also know without a shadow of a doubt that the brewer that made it, made it for the masses and profit not for a fellow brewer. Guaranteed that many if not all craft/micro/nano brewers brew personal batches for themselves on a smaller scale to keep the passion alive.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
      Commercial beer gives me heartburn of note and I really dont like the strong corn taste they all have. I find it difficult to enjoy many (not all) craft beers. I tend to critically pick at it and wonder why I'm paying R50+ for a shitty beer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I also know without a shadow of a doubt that the brewer that made it, made it for the masses and profit not for a fellow brewer. Guaranteed that many if not all craft/micro/nano brewers brew personal batches for themselves on a smaller scale to keep the passion alive.
      You really should try out Hazeldean's beers. They launched an online site this week for beer sales, actually. Their beers are still made with "passion". They're great beers, and they still experiment with small batches permanently to try out new things. The owner and his employees are all really cool, down-to-earth people who love what they do, and do what they love. Yes, I'm not the biggest fan of all their beers (personal taste), but others like their Vienna Lager and Pilsners are really pretty good.

Comment

I've had hazeldean before and it was good ! I was in Pretoria a while ago, there was a beer restaurant something craft and I had it there.

Comment

Browsing online I see all kinds of bottle crates and glass crates at plastic places, Makro etc.
          Before I visit each and every shop, Grolsch bottle in hand, does anyone know which crates will work lekker for the Grolsch bottles?
          If you see how I drink, you'll understand my username.
          I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kgalagadi View Post
            Browsing online I see all kinds of bottle crates and glass crates at plastic places, Makro etc.
            Before I visit each and every shop, Grolsch bottle in hand, does anyone know which crates will work lekker for the Grolsch bottles?
            Cheapest would be to see what bottle store will sell you SAB quart crates. I use them for all my bottles. Bottle store charged me the deposit on them which was R11 each. They fit grolsh swing top with a bit of wriggle room. They also have stack very nicely

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
              Cheapest would be to see what bottle store will sell you SAB quart crates. I use them for all my bottles. Bottle store charged me the deposit on them which was R11 each. They fit grolsh swing top with a bit of wriggle room. They also have stack very nicely

This. The Grolsch swingtops, as well as 99% of other beer bottles fit those quart crates perfectly. You can also check with your local liquor store if they don't maybe have some excess crates you can buy off them. I think I have 6 or 8 crates at home, and use them for storing bottles, beers and when bottling. After I washed my bottles and they're sanitized, they get placed upside down in the crates to allow the excess sanitiser to run out onto a towel, from where I bottle. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                This. The Grolsch swingtops, as well as 99% of other beer bottles fit those quart crates perfectly. You can also check with your local liquor store if they don't maybe have some excess crates you can buy off them. I think I have 6 or 8 crates at home, and use them for storing bottles, beers and when bottling. After I washed my bottles and they're sanitized, they get placed upside down in the crates to allow the excess sanitiser to run out onto a towel, from where I bottle. Works like a charm.
                After pouring any beer I rinse the bottles thoroughly and put them in the crates upside down and store them like this till I need them. Saves needing a through clean as dirty cannot fall up into them. My bottling process is mainly just sanitising them.

Comment

Originally posted by atunguyd View Post
                  After pouring any beer I rinse the bottles thoroughly and put them in the crates upside down and store them like this till I need them. Saves needing a through clean as dirty cannot fall up into them. My bottling process is mainly just sanitising them.

Yup, same. I sometimes have some bottles that require cleaning (I check them all before sanitizing, one by one), which is the ones I wash. Usually with some dish soap, a hosepipe and a bottle brush outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post

Ah ok cool, I thought the quart crates will be too big for the Grolsch bottles. Getting a couple of quart crates shouldn't be much of a problem.
                    If you see how I drink, you'll understand my username.
                    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.

Comment

The crates are a bit big, so the bottles don't fit snugly, but that's never bothered me.

Comment

Working...
                      X