No announcement yet.

Stock issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midrand, I believe. Happy to drive, just getting through to them to order is a bit of a thing. There's a guy on here who works for them. Would be awesome to see if he can maybe get orders...sped up a bit

Comment

Bevplus does have a branch in Midrand, Jhb .... why ship from Ctn ?

EDIT: sorry, missed your reply .... was hanging reading something on a different thread
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

ordered a few kgs of hops from bevplus, the "out of stock" all over the place is scary, most imports will be difficult to land or source going forward. i believe that brewcraft and brewmart are also waiting on supplies?
        who knows what sab will do, with walts out of the picture, the malt monopoly resumes for local supply.

i'm sure everyone and his mate panicked bought brewing supplies, hopefully normality resumes soon.

Comment

I am so hoping that supplies get back to normal soon. I created a bit of a problem for myself during the lockdown. Started out and there are a few die-hard beer drinkers in my complex. They walked past and saw me drinking a beer and basically begged for some. Ended up giving them about 7L between the three of them. They came back again on my second batch and I resupplied them. So now I am being pestered about when the next batch is going in and what styles I should make. I feel a bit like a frikken drug dealer. At least they are chipping in on ingredients though, so thats good news. But they are now saying its mini keg time as a batch will give us each a keg. Also that fake news about the booze being banned again has em in a serious spin. This is the problem with living in a complex and being a brewer.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.
          Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
          He put the wort into there,
          to cut down on the air.
          Then drank it all up like a muppet.

Comment

I would love it if the supply situation goes back to normal. Between the new brewers and the new distillers it's getting hard to get anything.
            Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
            Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Keep in mind that the likes of bevplus and Beerguevara usually supplies the craft breweries, homebrewers only makes up a small portion of their business. With etoh back on the menu the larger boys and girls are back online and need to brew to survive. Id be surprised to see new brewers/distillers around in 6 months from now

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I guess when I have around 4 or 5 brews left I'll contact BevPlus and hear if I can pick up something from them in Midrand. Maybe another 50kg of malt, maybe a bit more this time. I like having Pale and Vienna on hand, but I think having a few more base malts can't hurt. A Pilsner, maybe. Damn, going to be stockpiling malt soon...

Comment

I see the issue persists, 'Out Of Stock' is a website favorite now

Comment

Keep in mind Gauteng is thinking about alcohol ban again, saw it in businesstech
                    Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                    Yeah I guess when I have around 4 or 5 brews left I'll contact BevPlus and hear if I can pick up something from them in Midrand. Maybe another 50kg of malt, maybe a bit more this time. I like having Pale and Vienna on hand, but I think having a few more base malts can't hurt. A Pilsner, maybe. Damn, going to be stockpiling malt soon...
                    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                      Keep in mind Gauteng is thinking about alcohol ban again, saw it in businesstech
                      Luckily malt isn't alcohol.

Comment

I have also read that government isn't looking at stopping the sale of alcohol. Not that it is something one can use as valid info, they change their minds whenever they want with no regards for the law or people of the country, so I guess we wait and see what happens.

If they want to ban alcohol because of some people's behaviour, then with that same reasoning I think they should ban cars, busses, parliament, our government, sugar, take aways, cigarettes oh let me rather stop here, this list can become very long and hosting large data isn't cheap lol

Comment

My stock should last me till end November, hopefully all is sorted by then.
                          Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                          X