Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cam Lock fittings and silicone tubing

What size camlock fittings and tubing are being used by everyone? This is for transfer between the brewing tanks as well as the wort chiller. Also, must the tubing be silicone or can I use the tubing used in fish aquariums?

Silicone is a must. Aquarium tubing works OK for cold applications, but gets soft and limp and collapses with heat. For tubing, IMO, the thicker the better. I've got 1/2" ID silicone tubing I use and it's GREAT. Expensive, yes, but I think it's worth it.

EDIT: For the wort chiller, considering running through it is probably going to be tap water you're going to discard, just use regular hosepipe.

Regular hose on the chiller, but just use an old, never to be used, hose section on the outlet end. I learnt from experience, that that starting heat can do some good damage to the hose.

Like Toxxyc says. Silicone is your go-to for the rest
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

I finished the Wort Chiller. Used aquarium 25mm OD pipe. Works well. Trying to post a photo but I cannot seem to get it uploaded.I need to now connect the CFC to the mash tun and/or pump (that I need to buy as well). Will 1/2" ID silicone tubing be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    I finished the Wort Chiller. Used aquarium 25mm OD pipe. Works well. Trying to post a photo but I cannot seem to get it uploaded.I need to now connect the CFC to the mash tun and/or pump (that I need to buy as well). Will 1/2" ID silicone tubing be fine?
    Don't understand this one
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Did you follow my suggestion here > http://www.wortsandall.co.za/showthr...ll=1#post26480

Hi Jigsaw, yes. But nothing happens. Nothing is inserted.

Thank you for trying to help

Hi Jigsaw, yes. But nothing happens. Nothing is inserted.

Thank you for trying to help
    Weird

WTF2.JPG

Maybe you mean connect CFC to your boil kettle? In which case silicone is your go to as well. If the chiller has threaded fittings, your best bet is probably getting adaptors with a hosetail and connecting to silicone like that. Look forward to seeing the chiller you put together though.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Hi
    Please can anybody in this thread assist me. I have been looking high and low for 1/2 inch (12mm) silicon tubing in Gauteng for a BIAB build or if anyone could suggest and alternative food safe flexible tubing to use between the pump and filter so it will need to be able to operate at above 60 to 75 deg C.
    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Gary