No announcement yet.

Another Newbie - All Grain and all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 'sucking back' is normal. I use that to know when my fermentation is done, then I do a SG reading to see where it is and take it from there. If it's at my target FG I'll usually just cold crash, fine and then bottle the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
      That 'sucking back' is normal. I use that to know when my fermentation is done, then I do a SG reading to see where it is and take it from there. If it's at my target FG I'll usually just cold crash, fine and then bottle the next week.
      Was actually referring to when I start crashing it, it sucks back a little, is that ok?

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
        Was actually referring to when I start crashing it, it sucks back a little, is that ok?
        I guess that's fine, yeah. Mine's always sucking back, and I haven't had issues.

Comment

Took a reading 1010:

Looks ok and tastes lekker

Comment

1.010 is about as dry as you're going to get a beer, yeah, unless you really try hard to get it lower. Looks nice. Add some gelatin once it's cold and let it sit for a few days, and then you can bottle it!

Comment

1.010 is about as dry as you're going to get a beer, yeah, unless you really try hard to get it lower. Looks nice. Add some gelatin once it's cold and let it sit for a few days, and then you can bottle it!
              Thanks, I added some carrageen during the boil, but I just read it doesn't act like finings during the cold crash, only to clear wort during the boil. Don't have any on hand now.. will try it next batch.

Comment

Thanks, I added some carrageen during the boil, but I just read it doesn't act like finings during the cold crash, only to clear wort during the boil. Don't have any on hand now.. will try it next batch.
                If you have, use Gelatin. That's the go-to finings for beer anyway. If you don't have, pop out to Checkers and buy a box, and never buy finings again. One teaspoon of regular unflavoured Gelatin, dissolved in half a cup of boiling water, just dumped straight into the cold beer. Leave for a day or three and bottle. Works like a charm.

Comment

If you have, use Gelatin. That's the go-to finings for beer anyway. If you don't have, pop out to Checkers and buy a box, and never buy finings again. One teaspoon of regular unflavoured Gelatin, dissolved in half a cup of boiling water, just dumped straight into the cold beer. Leave for a day or three and bottle. Works like a charm.
                  Shot, my wife seems to have found some

Comment

That's the stuff

i just add mine with the beer to the keg.
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Shot, my wife seems to have found some
                      Exactly the brand I use. One teaspoon per brew, so you have enough for 10 brews there.

Comment

Great, now for the wait [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                          Looking good, chinook and cascade works well together!

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
                          Damn! I sampled one now, tastes really nice. Gave the wife a sip, she immediately wanted a glass. Day 5, I guess I can sample just 1..

Comment

Not ready yet, getting there

Comment

Looks tasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X