No announcement yet.

How I like to boost my brewhouse efficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read, thanks for sharing your process Toxxyc.

So I got round to my second AG BIAB last night and managed a 66% mashing efficiency this time round. Still not great but it beats the 60 I got on my first attempt(didn't squeeze half as much as with #2).

That has lead me here looking for answers! And i have found some usefull #protips, so thank you very much!

Another thing which i am considering for my 3rd batch is the mash PH. Now, you don't mention whether or not you do adjust it (i'm sure you do) but i am hoping that just by adding some salts/acid/acidulated malts, I can bump up my numbers some more. Has anyone noticed a boost in efficiency by doing this ?
    I buy my brewing water from a local water shop and they have it listed as 7 PH with <30TDS. Unfortunately it doesnt indicate the individual mineral content

I too am looking to get the most value out of my grains by bettering and understanding and mastering the process, and not just add more grains to the bill to hit the required OG 'cause its "cheap".
    CaPunT
    Last edited by CaPunT; 20 August 2020, 14:56. Reason: formatting

Comment

I don't change my mash pH, actually. I just mash with tap water, unadjusted. I've tested it before though and for the most part I keep hitting 5.4~5.6 in the beers I make. I do have some phosphoric acid though so for shits and giggles I am planning on doing a mash with a pH under 4.6 sometimes, but it's something that'll have to wait for now.

Comment

Working...
      X