Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ Belgian Pale Ale kit

Hi Guys!

Has anyone here brewed the MJ Belgian Pale Ale kit? If so, what was your FG?
    Mine has been in my fermentation fridge for almost 3 weeks now, and I'm only on 1015 SG(OG was 1073). It's been that since monday.
    The package reckons it should end up on 1004!?! 😱

Extra info:
    I mixed 2 packs together, to make a 20L brew.
    I used 1.5Kg MJ Pure LME(this will increase the FG value by ~4).|
    I only pitched one of the 10g sachets of Belgian Ale yeast that came with the kits.
    I had it at 23 deg C for the first 14 days and then gradually increased it to 24 over 3 days to help finish off fermentation.
    I added yeast nutrients (Fermaid K) in the initial wort and added more 3 days into fermentation.
    I have shaken the FV numerous times to get the yeast back into suspension.

I really don't want it sitting on the yeast cake for much longer, and I unfortunately don't have a secondary vesel to transfer it too.
    Any ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated!!

(Yes, I still have another sachet of yeast, but I'm not sure if pitching it now @ ~7.6abv will be wise?)

At that temp and its stable for 4 days now on 1015 ... I would bottle/keg

I personally would prefer it at 1015 @ almost 8% abv
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Yea I'm with Jigsaw on this. It would be undrinkable at 1005. + the BJCP guide recommends a FG in the range you have. Bottle it.

PS. you can let is sit on that yeast cake for a long time before autolosys is an issue.

PPS I cant spell.

Comment

Given the SG being stable for some time now, I agree on bottling it as well.
        And I also did some reading up prior to posting and was very surprised to see the FG values for the style compared to the 1.004 stated on the kit. Not sure what MJ are thinking with the info on their pack.

I've given it one last vigorous swirl and up'd the temp another .5deg for safe measure. Will bottle it on Sat then either way.

Thank you Gents for the feedback, appreciate it.

Comment

Considering you mixed the yeast up into suspension, I'd cold crash it for at least a day and fine with gelatin before bottling, or you're going to have a lot of sediment in your bottles.

Comment

Working...
          X