No announcement yet.

CaterPride 50lt Dema-Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes boring in its consistancy. I mostly use Wayermann and Best Malz, know the malts and its characteristics, so no need to check mash efficiency.
    As per groenspookasemmostly hit my OG and not overly concerned with FG, know and trust my process.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Until the day you DONT hit your pre-boil numbers (like I didn't) which in turn throws out your whole recipe ... Your hop bitterness ratios is out ... so now you have to either change hop amounts/additions .... or either add DME/water to get the recipe back on track. ....

But hey, its your beer/brew and if you're not stress that it's out of bounce to the recipe you wanted to brew, why should I care.

RDWHAHB
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• It's happened before, I'll admit. I made a "light lager" and ended up with a beer that was completely out of balance.

So I dry hopped it and made a light IPA thing. Turned out great in the end.

But yeah, I've missed OGs before. In fact, I missed the gravity on more beers than I hit when I started out. These days though I follow a lot of the same recipe ratios, and it works. I have found the beer type I like, and that's how I keep making it (around 4.5% ABV, around 24IBUs). I just change some specialty malts, hops, hop timing, etc. etc. for variety.

Comment

• I hit my OG every single time .... just my volume that changes depending on how much I top up or how good my extraction was
          Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Mash efficiency of 86% today. Simpson's Pale malt (87%).
            Money saving starting already

Comment

• Nice

Comment

• How do you calculate your mash effeciency? I still get confused between mash and brew house effeciency. And the various online tools all seem like they handle effeciency differently...

Comment

• http://howtobrew.com/book/section-2/...ash-efficiency

Comment

• I've had some queries via PM as to how the bucket works in my system and how I sparge, drain etc so instead of sending pics to each one I'll just post them here.

4,7kg grain bill

Mashing in

Comment

• Looks good BOMB, thanks!

Comment

• Beersmith tells me I hit 89% mash efficiency today, is that even possible?

Comment

• Totally. Good job.

Comment

• Thanks for verify, was wondering. Must be experience and incremental learnings with the new system

Comment

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
                              Beersmith tells me I hit 89% mash efficiency today, is that even possible?

well done, I got 55% on my first test brew on the new system. Glad to see you were able to increase your efficiency, gives me hope

Comment

• 89% sounds pretty high. I tend to hit 80% consistently, mash for 60min, mashout 10min and a cold water sparge. What's your routine?

Comment

Working...
                                X