Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 184
  1. #141

    So, never EVER will a grain bag be touched by my hands again!! What a pleasure this brew day was. Effortless mashing in compared to setting up a bag and the clean up was a breeze.
    I'm just disappointed I didn't do this sooner

  2. #142
    Dude that's awesome. What was your efficiency? Did it suffer at all?

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  3. #143
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    So, never EVER will a grain bag be touched by my hands again!! What a pleasure this brew day was. Effortless mashing in compared to setting up a bag and the clean up was a breeze.
    I'm just disappointed I didn't do this sooner
    Nice
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Dude that's awesome. What was your efficiency? Did it suffer at all?

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    Will measure SG tomorrow when I pitch and report back. I'm expecting an improvement when I get re-circulation going

  5. #145
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Will measure SG tomorrow when I pitch and report back. I'm expecting an improvement when I get re-circulation going
    Did you not take a reading after the mash? ... that's the one we(I) interested in as that will give the mash efficiency and how good the sugar extraction was compared to the software calculations ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  6. #146
    I think you know by now I'm not into the whole track every bit of the brew other than what I'm interested in but I WILL do it next brew

    I measure after boil and after 2 weeks, that's it

    I just brew beer

  7. #147
    Im just as interested as Jigsaw here. You made a new piece of kit that could impact mashing efficiency. So I would have measured it in this case. Although i usually dont either. Then again if you dont have a reference there is really no use in measuring it as youve got nothing to compare to

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Im just as interested as Jigsaw here. You made a new piece of kit that could impact mashing efficiency. So I would have measured it in this case. Although i usually dont either. Then again if you dont have a reference there is really no use in measuring it as youve got nothing to compare to

    Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
    I'm likely brewing tomorrow, maybe - possibly. I will take all measurements then

  9. #149
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    I think you know by now I'm not into the whole track every bit of the brew other than what I'm interested in but I WILL do it next brew

    I measure after boil and after 2 weeks, that's it

    I just brew beer
    But that doesn't tell you how good your new piece of equipment that was made specifically for the mash has improved your efficiency. You can take volume measurements and SG readings after the boil (into fermenter) and that reading could end up being better yes, but who says that isn't related to something other than the new mash bucket .... like a slower boil will give you more volume etc, etc.

    You need the Mash Efficiency numbers after the mash to determine if you're now getting better or worst sugar extraction with this new bucket, because if the numbers are way lower, you're definitely NOT gonna keep on using it, even if its easier and faster
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  10. #150

    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    But that doesn't tell you how good your new piece of equipment that was made specifically for the mash has improved your efficiency. You can take volume measurements and SG readings after the boil (into fermenter) and that reading could end up being better yes, but who says that isn't related to something other than the new mash bucket .... like a slower boil will give you more volume etc, etc.

    You need the Mash Efficiency numbers after the mash to determine if you're now getting better or worst sugar extraction with this new bucket, because if the numbers are way lower, you're definitely NOT gonna keep on using it, even if its easier and faster
    100% agreed, but I'm not as pedantic as most when it comes to my beer, I still enjoy it at the end of the day. However, once I have recirculation set up I will do a full assessment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •