CaterPride 50lt Dema-Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small update on the Bucket.

Found a few of these hooks. Going to be drilling 4 small holes on the lip just below the rim of the urn for these slot into. The bucket drops in an latches on the hooks nice and easy. No bolts or anything else required.

Smaak my socks?

Comment

• Second thought, I might head to Builders and look for slightly longer s-hooks, I'm not keen to be drilling the Urn

Comment

• Base of the Malt tube bucket done, just a quick dremel to clean up the edges.

BackOffMyBrew
        Last edited by BackOffMyBrew; 20 September 2020, 15:27.

Comment

• Looks Good

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Just finished a 1 hour mash. The bucket must add good insulation. Held 66.5 deg for 50 minutes straight although I haven't added a re circulation pump yet but I stirred like a madman every 15 minutes

Keen to see SG after the boil and see what the mash efficiency is

Comment

• So, never EVER will a grain bag be touched by my hands again!! What a pleasure this brew day was. Effortless mashing in compared to setting up a bag and the clean up was a breeze.
              I'm just disappointed I didn't do this sooner

Comment

• Dude that's awesome. What was your efficiency? Did it suffer at all?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
                  So, never EVER will a grain bag be touched by my hands again!! What a pleasure this brew day was. Effortless mashing in compared to setting up a bag and the clean up was a breeze.
                  I'm just disappointed I didn't do this sooner
                  Nice

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                    Dude that's awesome. What was your efficiency? Did it suffer at all?

Will measure SG tomorrow when I pitch and report back. I'm expecting an improvement when I get re-circulation going

Comment

Will measure SG tomorrow when I pitch and report back. I'm expecting an improvement when I get re-circulation going
                      Did you not take a reading after the mash? ... that's the one we(I) interested in as that will give the mash efficiency and how good the sugar extraction was compared to the software calculations ?

Comment

• I think you know by now I'm not into the whole track every bit of the brew other than what I'm interested in but I WILL do it next brew

I measure after boil and after 2 weeks, that's it

I just brew beer

Comment

• Im just as interested as Jigsaw here. You made a new piece of kit that could impact mashing efficiency. So I would have measured it in this case. Although i usually dont either. Then again if you dont have a reference there is really no use in measuring it as youve got nothing to compare to

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                            Im just as interested as Jigsaw here. You made a new piece of kit that could impact mashing efficiency. So I would have measured it in this case. Although i usually dont either. Then again if you dont have a reference there is really no use in measuring it as youve got nothing to compare to

I'm likely brewing tomorrow, maybe - possibly. I will take all measurements then

Comment

I think you know by now I'm not into the whole track every bit of the brew other than what I'm interested in but I WILL do it next brew

I measure after boil and after 2 weeks, that's it

I just brew beer
                              But that doesn't tell you how good your new piece of equipment that was made specifically for the mash has improved your efficiency. You can take volume measurements and SG readings after the boil (into fermenter) and that reading could end up being better yes, but who says that isn't related to something other than the new mash bucket .... like a slower boil will give you more volume etc, etc.

You need the Mash Efficiency numbers after the mash to determine if you're now getting better or worst sugar extraction with this new bucket, because if the numbers are way lower, you're definitely NOT gonna keep on using it, even if its easier and faster

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                But that doesn't tell you how good your new piece of equipment that was made specifically for the mash has improved your efficiency. You can take volume measurements and SG readings after the boil (into fermenter) and that reading could end up being better yes, but who says that isn't related to something other than the new mash bucket .... like a slower boil will give you more volume etc, etc.

You need the Mash Efficiency numbers after the mash to determine if you're now getting better or worst sugar extraction with this new bucket, because if the numbers are way lower, you're definitely NOT gonna keep on using it, even if its easier and faster
                                100% agreed, but I'm not as pedantic as most when it comes to my beer, I still enjoy it at the end of the day. However, once I have recirculation set up I will do a full assessment

Comment

Working...
                                X