CaterPride 50lt Dema-Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    87% Mash efficiency today. Got my process down well now. Dropping my grainbill as well.

Happiness
    Nice
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• I reckon I'm pretty much done with this thread unless I tweak my kit a bit more but for now I'm more than happy with my brew house.

Ferminator is sorted as well so I reckon kegging is next

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
        true that, oh well, i guess i have to time it now. it still feels less effort than cleaning the urn twice and waiting for that to heat up
        10 minutes, that's how much longer it takes when sparging with room temp water to get to the boil.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          10 minutes, that's how much longer it takes when sparging with room temp water to get to the boil.
          that's not bad ... how many liters are we talking here ?
          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            that's not bad ... how many liters are we talking here ?
            10l sparge today

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
              Logic comparison. The 2.5kw is slow. Especially considering I started with one hell of a gas burner. If you look at the 2nd pic and use some imagination you can see the rolling boil but its definitely not vigorous! In the first pic you can see my hop bag suspended of the side and the orange fleece blanket I used to try and trap some heat to speed up the process.
              With a yoga mat strapped around. A PID and a start timer I'm sure I can turn this into something decent. O and some grain basket I'll still figure out.

P.s. all this to say I think your choice was better. That extra 500w is worth the price
              So would you recommend this Logik 2500W Urn?

https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/Al...18/p/724271-EA

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Comment

• they go on sale for R999 at that price you cant beat it. I know a few people on the forum use them. Just drill the tap and add a 1/2" 3 piece ball valve and you are in business.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiquidBread View Post
                  So would you recommend this Logik 2500W Urn?

https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/Al...18/p/724271-EA

Tbh. Id go back to the burner if I didn't plan to include a pid controller in the future. I did a side by side with my urn and the lpg burner and pot on the day when I gave to pot to a new Brewer. I almost took it back. The heatup is so fast.
                  So actually
                  No the urn is under powered. Get one with 3kw

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
                  jannieverjaar
                  Last edited by jannieverjaar; 20 August 2021, 11:25. Reason: My original post was very unclear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                    they go on sale for R999 at that price you cant beat it. I know a few people on the forum use them. Just drill the tap and add a 1/2" 3 piece ball valve and you are in business.
                    I bought mine at that price and its a great urn. Did the 1/2" ball valve conversion which was pretty simple and removed the rest of the sight glass housing.
                    I used an accurate 2L jug and added water one batch at a time, each time marking the sight glass. Now I can easily tell exactly how much liquid is in.

I think altitude makes a bit of a difference to performance, Im at the coast and have no problems getting it to a rolling boil.

Comment

• Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                      X