Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remember boil-off rate depends on your urn's size, the power you give to it, as well as the outside ambient temperature and humidity. My boil-off rate in winter is a lot higher than in summer, using the same equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Why not locally, unless BangGood is way cheaper?

> https://www.robotics.org.za/REX-C100-KIT
    I paid half that at Banggood for the identical model

Quote Originally Posted by paul.stevens View Post
    BTW, I've had to go with using brass threaded nipples for adding the ball valve for now, I just couldn't find any stainless steel ones, if you happen to find stainless steel ones anywhere please let me know. I'm concerned about electrolytic corrosion.
    For Stainless steel try MultiMetal Traders in Cape Town, or if you are buying enough to cover shipping cost, order from www.harkus.co.za as their prices are excellent.

PS - You don't mention it in your original post, but make sure you have an SSR and heatsink hanging off the PID. You'll likely burn-out the PID with your urn's current draw.

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Why not locally, unless BangGood is way cheaper?

> https://www.robotics.org.za/REX-C100-KIT
    I paid about R300 per kit from Banggood including shipping, it's significantly cheaper, even if i still need to pay VAT and Duties. the only part that sucks is the shipping time.

Quote Originally Posted by camsaway View Post
    For Stainless steel try MultiMetal Traders in Cape Town, or if you are buying enough to cover shipping cost, order from www.harkus.co.za as their prices are excellent.

PS - You don't mention it in your original post, but make sure you have an SSR and heatsink hanging off the PID. You'll likely burn-out the PID with your urn's current draw.
    Thanks for the link and tip about the heatsink

I paid about R300 per kit from Banggood including shipping, it's significantly cheaper, even if i still need to pay VAT and Duties. the only part that sucks is the shipping time.
    Aah, ok noted
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    I paid half that at Banggood for the identical model
    Would you mind sharing the link for that one, please? I've got some loose PayPal dollars I wouldn't mind chucking at something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Would you mind sharing the link for that one, please? I've got some loose PayPal dollars I wouldn't mind chucking at something like that.
    https://www.banggood.com/110-240V-01...r_warehouse=CN

Got the 'Shipped' email this morning, it's estimated delivery is 3 August which is the only drawback.

R317.17 all in. Just waiting for duties when it arrives but worth it for sure

Thanks for the link and tip about the heatsink
    They should ship with a heatsink. I've seen plenty people add a fan to the case as well.

Dimensions ! Would the proud owners of the Caterpride 50 be able to provide some dimensions?

- external diameter (remove lid and side to side)
    - internal depth from "max line" to element / bottom
    - internal diameter
    - distance from element/bottom to tap