Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    Dimensions ! Would the proud owners of the Caterpride 50 be able to provide some dimensions?

- external diameter (remove lid and side to side)
    - internal depth from "max line" to element / bottom
    - internal diameter
    - distance from element/bottom to tap

Stand by, I just picked mine up. Will do the dimensions and add some pics as well

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    https://www.banggood.com/110-240V-01...r_warehouse=CN

Got the 'Shipped' email this morning, it's estimated delivery is 3 August which is the only drawback.

R317.17 all in. Just waiting for duties when it arrives but worth it for sure
    Banggood used to mostly have a free 2 month shipping or 10 day to your door option for the hefty sum of R27. I never see that option anymore and it's no longer appealing for me.
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Hi Spook!!

- external diameter (remove lid and side to side) - 377mm at lid
    - internal depth from "max line" to element / bottom - 430mm
    - internal diameter - 364mm
    - distance from element/bottom to tap 30mm

They also had this colander in the same aisle, perfect for resting the grain bag on

That looks great ! Thank you for the dimensions. 30mm from bottom to tap will be sufficient for a false bottom/screen and pump. You could easily make a larger bazooka screen or similar filtration system if you want. When having the grainbasket made, add a collar to suspend it from the rim, feet will scratch your ss. BIAB will be easy, get some clamps and clamp the bag onto the rim, measure out to suspend enough to not rest on element.

I'd reinforce the colander with a rod on each side, in the unlikely event of handle failure you'd want to avoid hot wort splashing.

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post

I'd reinforce the colander with a rod on each side, in the unlikely event of handle failure you'd want to avoid hot wort splashing.
    I was thinking about that but you have confirmed, so thanks
    The handles are surprisingly strong and seem to be well attached though, but no chances

Really liking this thread... Keep up all the good work with the R & D, I'm learning a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
    Really liking this thread... Keep up all the good work with the R & D, I'm learning a bunch.
    Myself!

Brew day this weekend, I have 30kg grain and a kilo hops on the way tomorrow and Wednesday so will be a learning experience for me as well with the Urn. I'm not going to have the PID by then so very much a manual brew temperature wise for the mashing

30 kgs is going to be one heck of a strong brew...

I'm going to be manual for while too. Slowly adding on as I see fit.

30 kgs is going to be one heck of a strong brew...
    You only live once right?

I'm going to be manual for while too. Slowly adding on as I see fit.
    This is my approach as well, I want to build the most cost and time efficient system so I'm not going to over-engineer anything at this stage. Everything pretty much on hold until the PID arrives anyway. Another STC 1000 arrived today so I'll be starting on my Keezer soon as well

Closely following this thread as I also have a 50l urn on the way!

Do you have any plans to add circulation to go you with the PID?