No announcement yet.

Kegging Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this just now, anybody looking for pinlock https://www.facebook.com/groups/6023...4045877621657/

Comment

Screenshot_47.jpg

Sold to the first commend not long after posting
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Heh, sold to Ivan of all guys. Know him well, stays around the corner from me.

Comment

And those kegs are hopefully coming my way. He prefers ball locks or sankeys. Seals are shot, but R60 for a new set is not a bad price on top of the selling price.

Comment

One of the said advantges of kegging is cleaning. It is said you only need to clean the keg. What about beer lines, taps etc.
            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
              One of the said advantges of kegging is cleaning. It is said you only need to clean the keg. What about beer lines, taps etc.
              When I clean the kegs, I run the solution through the lines and taps. You can dismantle the taps easily and soak them, not something you have to do every time.

Comment

I flush the beer lines every week with mild acid sanitiser. I also remove the taps every month, then soak, wash using small bottle brushes, rinse and sanitise.

One should also run a beerline cleaner through every few months. Most pubs that care about their beer use a cleaning service.

Comment

Yeah I clean my beer lines every time I clean the keg. I'll clean the keg with SPC and then run the hot solution through the lines as well. It has to be used, because the shit needs to get out of the keg and that's the easiest way. Then I will fill the keg with sanitizer, add CO2 and then empty the entire keg through the beer line as well. This sanitizes both the keg and the beer line, and it also fills the keg with CO2 so there's no O2 in it. Win-win-win for me.

Comment

So to me its seems just as much effort as cleaning bottles.
                    So in my opinion one does not keg because of easier and / or quicker cleaning.
                    Mybe it is because it is claimed to taste better and / or the clamour of pouring from at tap ?.
                    Just my opinion.

Comment

Mybe it is because it is claimed to taste better and / or the clamour of pouring from at tap ?.
                      Just my opinion.
                      True statement, although I am yet to find someone who has gone back to bottling since they moved onto kegging...

Comment

Just my opinion.
                        ??? Tapping 20/30/50L into a single vessel within minutes, filling the headspace with co2, putting it into the fridge while carbing it to drink in a couple of days. Quicker and less effort for sure.

Comment

Just my opinion.
                          Whaaaat ... I finished my keg last night .... filled it with fresh beer this morning.

Pulled keg from fridge ... opened lid and rinsed with hosepipe (was 99.9 clean) ... filled with ±2l of boiled kettle water ... gave a few shakes and forced that water through the tubes and tap.

filled keg with fresh beer ... back into fridge on COČ for ±24hrs at 30PSI ....

Will pour a pint when the WP kick off at 17:00 tomorrow (Saturday)

± every 5th batch I will pump SPC though the system .... It's been 8 years + ... not looking back at ANY bottling options
                          The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                            not looking back at ANY bottling options
                            I'm lucky in that I have a brewery that is 5km from my house - and they do canning.

I'm dropping off a 30liter keg on Monday and collecting 70 odd 440ml cans on Tuesday at a cost of around R500. Some will say it is expensive, but hell, it still works out cheaper than buying beer! I have best of both worlds, beer in cans to take anywhere, and beer on tap at home.

Comment

Thanks.
                              Each to his own.
                              Still struggle to see the glamour of the tap.
                              My OCD will drive me crazy not knowing how much is left in the keg.

Comment

Thanks.
                                Each to his own.
                                Still struggle to see the glamour of the tap.
                                My OCD will drive me crazy not knowing how much is left in the keg.
                                You can “know” by keeping track of how many pours, or weight, or some fancy devices that do both.

Everything has a place

Comment

Working...
                                X