Extract Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extract Recipes

I'm new to the brewing hobby, having done a few hopped extract can type kits over the past two months. I'm looking to take the next step to extract recipes which are designed around unhopped extract and ingredients I can buy locally (JHB). Many of the international recipes have ingredients that aren't on the local suppliers lists, I'm sure there are local substitutes but I'm am not yet experienced enough to know what substitutes work. I'd like to try a lager and I am in the process of figuring out a temperature controlled chamber. Id appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Welcome!

Brewcraft (when they eventually come back online) have the Mangrove Jacks pouches with Dry hop additions or you could get the pouches of plain liquid malt extract, add some DME and either steep hops of your choice and dry hop??

Comment

@Knotguilty Welcome

Sound like you want to move into the second phase of homebrewing known as "Partial Mash"

Do a search on YT and watch a couple of videos. If you find a recipe with some weird hop or grain names, just Google substitute for XXX hop/grain and you'll soon learn the local alternatives to use
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Done a bit more googling and my plan is going to be to brew another kit, because I have it and try and improve it by steeping grains. Partial mash for the next batch

Comment

Working...
        X