Frankenstein Portable "Three Kettle" Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul.stevens View Post
    Originally I was going to use Rex-C100's but the aluminium case required me to look at the size.
    Thanks, the plan for my build was to use arduino and build my own electronics setup but I'm starting to question just how automated I really want a system like this to be. The Rex-c100 pid's are so cheap that it won't even be cheaper to build my own.

Looking forward to your updates and your first brew.

Comment

Definitely, I'm a software guy, have about 6 raspberry Pi's lying around the house, a few Arduino's, Netduino's etc. I've designed commercial electronics and implemented some industrial level automation systems. Also build my own electronic circuits as a hobby and do my own home automation with all bespoke self made software and hardware.

But I want to brew good beer and not spend the entire day tweaking software, hunting bugs, making improvements to my system etc. So going with PIDs and an "Analog" control panel is simple, reliable and most of all gets the job done with minimal fuss.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

Parts arrived for the control panel today

I mocked up the layout to fit everything into the case with space for cable management.

Will start putting this together tomorrow.

Comment

Looking good.

Also got my PIDs today so hoping I have time to pick up some parts over the weekend.

Comment

Nice
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Control panel progress, I still nee to wire everything up and install the internal relays etc.

Comment

Looks awesome dude. Hope your wiring is neater than mine

Comment

This is amazing. I was proud of my little STC wiring job, but this has put me to shame [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks super cool. Even the 'Dexter' branding on the case adds a little extra to the setup
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by paul.stevens View Post
                      Control panel progress, I still nee to wire everything up and install the internal relays etc.

Looks Great !!

Comment

Looks awesome Paul!

Comment

Panel wiring complete, and connector blocks with relays installed in the case. Tomorrow I'll connect everything up.

Comment

How are you cooling those SSR's ?

Comment

That is freaking pro! Wow it looks like the inside of a proper field panel. Hats off to you dude.

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                                How are you cooling those SSR's ?
                                I'll be using active cooling, each SSR has a heatsink with a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X