Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit to a temp bump

Hi all,

With the cold front over the last day or two, I have been struggling to keep my Blonde at the desired temperature (despite using a reptile mat and STC1000). I intended cold crashing today but first a question. SG seems to have settled at approximately the estimated figure, but for the last few days I've had issues with cold. I was considering pushing the temp up to a couple of degrees to the top end of the yeasts ideal range just to see if any further fermentation occurs. Is this something worth doing or should I just move on and crash it?

Thanks in advance.

I always bump the temp for a day or two to see "what'll happen" with the fermentation and if there's anything the yeast can still chow on.

Comment

+1 i also like to bump it up ±2șC as fermentation slows down
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by BushWanderer View Post
        Hi all,

With the cold front over the last day or two, I have been struggling to keep my Blonde at the desired temperature (despite using a reptile mat and STC1000).

Thanks in advance.
        Where is your reptile mat placed?

Comment

Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
          Where is your reptile mat placed?
          It was in an insulted box / makeshift fermentation chamber in my garage. Unfortunately my garage temp was never going higher than 8'c so it was fighting a losing battle. Moved the chamber inside (and got in kak from the missus) in order to get a temp bump. Kept it at 22' until last night when I moved it to the fridge for a cold crash. I'll bottle on Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

This post just helped me, my first ever brew stopped after two days at 17.2 Cel, I managed with a light in a box and a towel to raise temp to 18.8 Cel and the bubbles just started flowing again.
            One of my first problem solving lessons this is.

Comment

Working...
            X