After 35 years - still good, I must have been lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 35 years - still good, I must have been lucky

I have 8 of these and decided to pop one just for kicks on a chilly Cape Town afternoon, it's aged WELL

upload images

I have a '78 Rubicon, but I'm sure it's vinegar by now, so I'll just leave it sealed. That's one thing I haven't tried - making wine...

Comment

This is probably on the edge of how long I'd wait to try. I'll keep 6 and enjoy 2, lets just hope the next one is also good.

I'm now tempted to go the wine route as well but I barely have the patience to lager never mind aging wine

Comment

Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
        This is probably on the edge of how long I'd wait to try. I'll keep 6 and enjoy 2, lets just hope the next one is also good.

I'm now tempted to go the wine route as well but I barely have the patience to lager never mind aging wine
        It's right, you should enjoy the wine, especially when such rare bottles are available.

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
          I have a '78 Rubicon, but I'm sure it's vinegar by now, so I'll just leave it sealed. That's one thing I haven't tried - making wine...
          Its a Rubicon, Im sure as long as the cork hasnt dried out it will still be good. Its my all time favourite wine.

I had the same bottle as OP but an '83 I think it was, it had been badly stored and never rotated so it wasnt good for drinking when I tried about a year ago.

Comment

@ngarry243

Welcome
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              @ngarry243

Welcome
              Thank you for the warm welcome!

Comment

Working...
              X