Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily capper and SAB 750ml bottles

Hi all,

Anyone use this capper on these bottles successfully? I tested a crown now on one and I could rip the crown off by hand, with some force

Cheers

Hi BomB,

I also have issues using an Emily capper on Soweto Lager 750's. I have to crimp a few times, rotating the bottle between each crimp, to get a proper seal. I will invest in a bench capper soon to hopefully solve this issue.

Comment

Hi guys,

I just tested my Emily on SAB 750ml bottle with no problem.

My Emily came with two crimpers. I haven't measured them but there are two sizes according to Beerguevara website, 26 and 29mm. Might it be that you have the 29mm crimper fitted, but actually need the 26mm? The loose caps might suggest this...

Capper.jpg
      Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Never had a problem with Emily capper on SAB 750ml bottles
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Also had the same issue, the Emily capper works perfectly on all SAB (BL, Hansa, Castle) 750ml bottles, however, I struggled to get them to seal on the other stuff like Windhoek, Tafel, Caste Lite and Soweto gold bottles.

Comment

are the grabber plates the right way around for the appropriate bottle, High vs Low neck

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
              Hi guys,

Might it be that you have the 29mm crimper fitted, but actually need the 26mm? The loose caps might suggest this...
              Doh! I never tried the other crimper, works a treat now. See, that what forums are for

Comment

I have never had any issues with Emily capper on SAB 750ml bottles. I have made 17 batched where I used 750ml bottles with no issues.
                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
                X