X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello? Anyone out there?

New home brewer, looking for help...

Any specifics or just general?
    Spend a few zars and get the latest info on howtobrew.com or the free ebook with some now debunked or improved info. If you dont like reading and enjoy spending money for spoonfeeding. I believe there's a zoom thing locally, but have no details.

If you dont like either, youtube has heaps of info or brew day vids.

Depends on your approach, homebrewing can be easy or difficult, expensive or cheap

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to look at how to brew on the cheap and easy side then Craig tube on youtube is really good.
      The homebrew network, the homebrew challenge, mash hacks, David Heath homebrew and short circuited brewers are my favourites.
      There are lots of very experienced brewers on here with some interesting methods and you can learn a whole lot from just browsing through previous topics too.

For specific info just start a thread and Im sure you will find help.
      Welcome to the forum!!

Comment

@GavinAnt68

Welcome

Ask Away
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
          If you want to look at how to brew on the cheap and easy side then Craig tube on youtube is really good.
          The homebrew network, the homebrew challenge, mash hacks, David Heath homebrew and short circuited brewers are my favourites.
          There are lots of very experienced brewers on here with some interesting methods and you can learn a whole lot from just browsing through previous topics too.

For specific info just start a thread and Im sure you will find help.
          Welcome to the forum!!
          Beer and BBQ with Larry (on YT) has some excellent beginners vids as well

Comment

Beer and BBQ with Larry - I just dont like the way he talks. grates on me. Plenty of other homebrew chanels though. Also, I have found the community here to be frikken amazing. Within 24 hours I usually have an answer to any question I post. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer because I asked on a weird day or time. (like national braai day when the sun is shining)
            There once was a man from Nantucket.
            Who brewed his beer in a bucket.
            He put the wort into there,
            to cut down on the air.
            Then drank it all up like a muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by FriedPiggy View Post
              Beer and BBQ with Larry - I just dont like the way he talks. grates on me. Plenty of other homebrew chanels though. Also, I have found the community here to be frikken amazing. Within 24 hours I usually have an answer to any question I post. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer because I asked on a weird day or time. (like national braai day when the sun is shining)
              Im glad its not just me! He has some good content but I cant handle listening to him.

Comment

OK, first fermentation in my 20 l bucket is nearly done. It looks to me like fermentation temperature control would be a good next step. Advice for newbie would be appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by GavinAnt68 View Post
                  OK, first fermentation in my 20 l bucket is nearly done. It looks to me like fermentation temperature control would be a good next step. Advice for newbie would be appreciated...
                  An old fridge with some reptile heating pads and an STC1000 controller works well for that. I have looked at alternatives like making my own enclosure and insulating it, but really a fridge is more efficient and way cheaper to pick up.

Comment

What Rocket-Boy said. It's exactly what I have and works great. My fridge still works so in summer I can keep the ferm temps down if/when needed.

Temp control is probably one of the most important things as it can make of break your brew.

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
                      Temp control is probably one of the most important things as it can make of break your brew.
                      This. I've found a whole new world of brewing with temperature control. To me it's more important to control the temperature than even worrying about what yeast strain to use or what temperature to mash at, for most beers I've made in the past year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
                        What Rocket-Boy said. It's exactly what I have and works great. My fridge still works so in summer I can keep the ferm temps down if/when needed.

In cold climates they have it pretty easy, they just need to heat and that is really simple. Its like you mention with the cooling, that doesnt have a simple solution other than a fridge.
                        What I have found quite interesting is that most of the youtubers I have seen use chest freezers instead of fridges. Its probably just a volume thing though.

Comment

Working...
                        X