Brewing and Distilling Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing and Distilling Forums

Hi all, I would like to know if there is the equivalent of this site for distilling, I have started distilling as a introduction to things like OG, FG, yeast and ABV etc
    I am a very new distiller, and I am likely at only about 8 liter end product so far.
    My brewing is even newer and I am only at the "your order is ready for collection" stage so far.
    I am pleased to have found this forum, and would like to if possible have access to a distilling forum as well if such exists.

Im not sure on a forum, but for info this is your best option AFAIK ....

https://www.youtube.com/c/BarleyandHopsBrewing/featured
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Hi, Yes, there are a bunch. I have only just started distilling too, and these are the sites I frequent:

Learn to Moonshine – Teaching you how to make moonshine one step at a time!

the modern distiller • Index page

Moonshine Mash Recipes, Spirits Recipes - Forum for Moonshiner

https://homedistiller.org/forum/index.php

If you have any more, feel free to share...
      Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

@ StevenD (Slainthe)

That 2nd link doesn't work ?
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by Treeman View Post
          Hi all, I would like to know if there is the equivalent of this site for distilling, I have started distilling as a introduction to things like OG, FG, yeast and ABV etc
          I am a very new distiller, and I am likely at only about 8 liter end product so far.
          My brewing is even newer and I am only at the "your order is ready for collection" stage so far.
          I am pleased to have found this forum, and would like to if possible have access to a distilling forum as well if such exists.
          G'day, no local distilling sites fortunately. Heaps online. George from barleyandhops on youtube has some good distilling content, but he's tiring to listen to and not always on the right path, so a pinch of salt on some of his stuff.

I usually recommend John Palmers https://howtobrew.com free ebook to new people, the 4th edition is updated and cheap enough to buy. A bit of understanding of the process will save you some headaches down the line. In my view, brewing is a whole lot more rewarding than distilling. I also don't partake in hard tack, but have made quite a bit and enjoying gifting it.

What do you race? I used to cycle quite a fair bit and moved to superbike racing (cbr1000rr racebike which I miss dearly) after suffering permanent knee damage. Privateering got expensive fast in the world of superbikes and difficult to compete with the sponsored guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
            @ StevenD (Slainthe)

That 2nd link doesn't work ?
            Very strange...it worked last week. I just tried it and it didn't work either. Sorry about that.
            Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
              G'day, no local distilling sites fortunately. Heaps online. George from barleyandhops on youtube has some good distilling content, but he's tiring to listen to and not always on the right path, so a pinch of salt on some of his stuff.

I usually recommend John Palmers https://howtobrew.com free ebook to new people, the 4th edition is updated and cheap enough to buy. A bit of understanding of the process will save you some headaches down the line. In my view, brewing is a whole lot more rewarding than distilling. I also don't partake in hard tack, but have made quite a bit and enjoying gifting it.

What do you race? I used to cycle quite a fair bit and moved to superbike racing (cbr1000rr racebike which I miss dearly) after suffering permanent knee damage. Privateering got expensive fast in the world of superbikes and difficult to compete with the sponsored guys.
              I have pretty much tried it all on a entry level standard, racing is money making in reverse. The only thing I never ever got past the try once or twice and not again was Moto X and Rally, just too much non calculable for me. The last racing I did was Oval Track till about 2014. My body suddenly gave out joint wise and muscle wise, too many old injuries, way too many.
              Biking was my passion though, loved the show off stuff, endo's, wheelies and so forth.

I also enjoy George, but yea? he could get to the point sooner on some chats.

Comment

Working...
              X