Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Evening forumites.
    I've started brewing again after a hiatus of 35 years. A buddy and I have been discussing it for a few years. The water on our farms is super soft, and almost sweet. I dived in at the deep end, as the compulsive in me is inclined to do. I'm now on to my 6th all grain batch. I started with a BG American Ale kit. Then disappeared down the rabbit hole.
    Hopefully I'll be able to learn from the experts here.

Welcome (back) to brewing! Having done it 35yrs ago, I am sure there are still a few things you can teach us newer brewers.
    Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Not really, was during my national service days and it was all extract brewing. Are you on the Bikehub btw

Comment

Welcome, looking forward to hearing your experiences as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoZA View Post
          Not really, was during my national service days and it was all extract brewing. Are you on the Bikehub btw
          Ok, still some good lessons there I am sure.

Sorry, not me on the Bikehub, but it looks like I am going to have to take a look at that...thanks for the heads-up! I am a total amateur cyclist. Just bought a new Merida Big9, so looking to get more into it.
          Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Hey Deano, welcome to the forum!
            Im pretty sure I know you from Bikehub.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
              Ok, still some good lessons there I am sure.

Sorry, not me on the Bikehub, but it looks like I am going to have to take a look at that...thanks for the heads-up! I am a total amateur cyclist. Just bought a new Merida Big9, so looking to get more into it.
              If you thought brewing is a money sink, its got nothing on MTB!!
              Some great trails in your area, you should hop on to bikehub, tons of members are from CT.

Comment

You do, I'm from up the road a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoZA View Post
                  You do, I'm from up the road a bit
                  Yeah I figured.
                  You must be having a hard time fermenting lately with the temperature being what it is, unless of course you have a fermentation chamber.
                  Have you guys been getting any of this rain we are having at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                    If you thought brewing is a money sink, its got nothing on MTB!!
                    Some great trails in your area, you should hop on to bikehub, tons of members are from CT.
                    That's the truth, this though, it's a constant drip of purchasing. I don't want to know what I've spent in the last 4 months.
                    Careful though on the bike, I've fallen off that mountain, I could have bought a brewery with the money it cost me

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                      Yeah I figured.
                      You must be having a hard time fermenting lately with the temperature being what it is, unless of course you have a fermentation chamber.
                      Have you guys been getting any of this rain we are having at the moment?
                      That's why I started lagers, the ales have their own hot blankets. We've had lovely rain yesterday and today.

Comment

@DeanoZA welcome to the forum
                        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                          @DeanoZA welcome to the forum

Thanks Jigsaw

Comment

Hi, happy to communicate with you!

Comment

Working...
                            X