Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bye Bye Grolsch flippers

I went to pick up some more Groslch from my local bottle store and every single new bottle comes with a normal cap.
    So I went to a few others to check and all of the new stock is capped.

So it looks like Im going to need to find a new flipper source, not super keen to start capping and kegging is a long way off.
    It seems kinda sad to me, those flippers were probably one of the reason people bought them to begin with!

Oh shit, really? I have a good number of them on hand but I'm always looking for more...
    I get my mates to buy them in exchange for home brews so that i can keep the bottles and got 4 more just this last weekend.

A friend of mine ordered a few cases from Norman Goodfellows recently, try checking them out if you're desperate?

https://www.ngf.co.za/collections/be...32058672840753
    Last edited by CaPunT; 11th September 2020 at 11:15. Reason: added link

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

haha what a rip off - you can get 8 news ones with beer in them for the same price!

Weird, my local Tops still has the 4 packs of flip tops

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    haha what a rip off - you can get 8 news ones with beer in them for the same price!
    Tell me about it ... you must see the crazy prices on e-bay
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Weird, my local Tops still has the 4 packs of flip tops
    Its probably old stock then.
    Its either that or they have switched to bringing in the lager, its a normal capped bottle vs their signature style in the flipper.

Hopefully they come back soon, I have 50 odd bottles but that is pretty much a single 20L batch!

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    Oh shit, really? I have a good number of them on hand but I'm always looking for more...
    I get my mates to buy them in exchange for home brews so that i can keep the bottles and got 4 more just this last weekend.

A friend of mine ordered a few cases from Norman Goodfellows recently, try checking them out if you're desperate?

https://www.ngf.co.za/collections/be...32058672840753
    I see they are out of stock on them too. Might just have been something related to the lockdown bans and new stock coming into the country.

And they are back!
    It seems only the 330ml capped lagers were available after lockdown restrictions.
    Today I found the 440ml flippers back in stock when picking up wine for my wife.
    Happy days!