Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,398

    Had a feeling Covid was behind it
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  2. #12
    yeah, ever since you posted this i've been popping into bottle stores(when i was near any) to see if they were still around, and have yet to NOT find them

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    And they are back!
    It seems only the 330ml capped lagers were available after lockdown restrictions.
    Today I found the 440ml flippers back in stock when picking up wine for my wife.
    Happy days!
    I need to buy a couple of carry packs

    Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LiquidBread; 1st October 2020 at 19:31.

  4. #14
    Saw a whole bunch of the pop top 6 packs at Ultra Liquors Wynberg in CT

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Had a feeling Covid was behind it
    I was really hoping it was and Im super happy it ended up like that!

    I dont have capping or kegging equipment so my flippers are important.
    What I have found is that keeping track of the samples I gave to mates and getting the bottles back is a pain! I might need to look into capping at some stage.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    What I have found is that keeping track of the samples I gave to mates and getting the bottles back is a pain! I might need to look into capping at some stage.
    Or get some of these, I have 40. They're cheap as chips (relatively)

    https://beerguevara.com/product/beer...plastic-500ml/

  7. #17
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,398
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Or get some of these, I have 40. They're cheap as chips (relatively)

    https://beerguevara.com/product/beer...plastic-500ml/
    I had 100's of those bottles when I started brewing ... absolute crap and would NOT recommend them to anyone.

    On a batch of beer ½ the bottles would be rock hard carbonated and the other ½ flat as if the caps didn't seal properly and the CO² escaped ... Even some of the ones that did carb properly and was stored for long term ended up loosing pressure ... some say it leaks through the plastic but I'd like to see proof (eg a slow-mo video)
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    1,706
    Plastic does permeate, apparently, but yes, I've also heard bad reports from the plastic bottles. I've had TONS of feedback now with these kits of mine, and about 10% of the people who used plastic bottles (those brown PET beer bottles) came back to me and said they didn't work, beer is flat, caps don't seal.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    I had 100's of those bottles when I started brewing ... absolute crap and would NOT recommend them to anyone.

    On a batch of beer ½ the bottles would be rock hard carbonated and the other ½ flat as if the caps didn't seal properly and the CO² escaped ... Even some of the ones that did carb properly and was stored for long term ended up loosing pressure ... some say it leaks through the plastic but I'd like to see proof (eg a slow-mo video)
    Haven't run into these issues yet but will keep an eye open

  10. #20
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,398

    Quote Originally Posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
    Haven't run into these issues yet but will keep an eye open
    Im talking 9 years back here, soi maybe something have been fixed since, altho to me the bottles and caps still look exactly as they did back then
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •