Bye Bye Grolsch flippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
    What I have found is that keeping track of the samples I gave to mates and getting the bottles back is a pain! I might need to look into capping at some stage.
    Or get some of these, I have 40. They're cheap as chips (relatively)

https://beerguevara.com/product/beer...plastic-500ml/

Comment

Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post

I had 100's of those bottles when I started brewing ... absolute crap and would NOT recommend them to anyone.

On a batch of beer ½ the bottles would be rock hard carbonated and the other ½ flat as if the caps didn't seal properly and the CO² escaped ... Even some of the ones that did carb properly and was stored for long term ended up loosing pressure ... some say it leaks through the plastic but I'd like to see proof (eg a slow-mo video)
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Plastic does permeate, apparently, but yes, I've also heard bad reports from the plastic bottles. I've had TONS of feedback now with these kits of mine, and about 10% of the people who used plastic bottles (those brown PET beer bottles) came back to me and said they didn't work, beer is flat, caps don't seal.

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          I had 100's of those bottles when I started brewing ... absolute crap and would NOT recommend them to anyone.

On a batch of beer ½ the bottles would be rock hard carbonated and the other ½ flat as if the caps didn't seal properly and the CO² escaped ... Even some of the ones that did carb properly and was stored for long term ended up loosing pressure ... some say it leaks through the plastic but I'd like to see proof (eg a slow-mo video)
          Haven't run into these issues yet but will keep an eye open

Comment

Haven't run into these issues yet but will keep an eye open
            Im talking 9 years back here, soi maybe something have been fixed since, altho to me the bottles and caps still look exactly as they did back then
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I've used plastic bottles every now and again since I started brewing. They work well, just have to use new bottle caps (the plastic screw on one's). They are not meant for longterm storage, it does lose carbonation if left for years and the taste will be affected.
              Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
              Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

I had considered them but Im really anti-plastic where possible. It looks like I will just need to get more Grolsch bottles, its not the nicest stuff to drink but its also not horrible.

Comment

2 or 3 weeks ago there was nothing at Makro Silver Lakes, today there is plenty again, so seams it was lock down related.
                  If you see how I drink, you'll understand my username.
                  I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.

Comment

Working...
                  X