No announcement yet.

Newby question - (first of many)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That green smell you taste, chlorophyll like, tastes summery.

Comment

• Add some cheap South African hops in the last minute of your boil. It'll give you that green taste. T90 blend gives that to my beers in late additions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
        Add some cheap South African hops in the last minute of your boil. It'll give you that green taste. T90 blend gives that to my beers in late additions.
        Thank You

Comment

• I have just distilled 50 lt of mixed wash, sugar, bad beer attempt and some of the famous pineapple beer I tried.

I decided that 92 Cel would be my cut off point to call it tails. I have collected about 5 lt tails over last year, I am wondering, whats the usual thing to do with tails.

Comment

• Tails are used to blending, or if you have enough, you can stick it through the still again, on a slow run, and extract a lot of drinkable booze from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
              Tails are used to blending, or if you have enough, you can stick it through the still again, on a slow run, and extract a lot of drinkable booze from it.
              Thank you, I was thinking of adding it to a big wash some day, say 5 lt tails in 40 liters of sugar wash.
              Is in line with your answer?

Comment

• I had a very nice tasting 'whisky' from tails of birdwatchers sugar wash combined with tails of a whisky run, thrown together and redistilled
                Cheers,
                Lang
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• I just add it to the next sugar wash

Comment

Working...
                  X