Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For future reference:
    https://www.castlemalting.com/Castle...ml&RecipeID=37

There are several other Blonde variations on this site - blonde, strong blonde, tripple blonde, dumb blonde..

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    For future reference:

There are several other Blonde variations on this site - blonde, strong blonde, tripple blonde, dumb blonde..

man i just cant do clove and banana in a blonde / hefe my gag reflex kicks in. if you dont fine it, it's a dirty blonde?

No I don't think so, everything I read regarding candi sugar is that it adds color and flavor for darker beers. the flavor is usually plum and currants for the darker beers, the clear candi sugar add no flavor. it also increases the ABV and reduces the body.

Not read anything about the glucose increasing banana esters while researching Belgian beers, from what I read for Belgian beers banana esters are produced when you stress the yeast in some way, high temp or under pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBrew View Post
    For future reference:

they are a pretty good resource and another one I like is from the makers of candi syrup http://www.candisyrup.com/recipes.html

Belgian beers are super interesting to me as it's basically these super basic ingredient beers with almost no hops but they taste so interesting from the yeast contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by groenspookasem View Post
    man i just cant do clove and banana in a blonde / hefe my gag reflex kicks in. if you dont fine it, it's a dirty blonde?
    I love the clove but I'm also not a fan of the banana flavor if I'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    I love the clove but I'm also not a fan of the banana flavor if I'm being honest.
    its about getting the right balance. The Hefe's i've had locally are always on either end of the spectrum, and i agree, i don't like a banana heavy weiss at all.

so I finally bottled this after a 3 week lager period at 1-2 degrees. Don't ask why it's something I read while doing research, I'm glad I did tbh. It had a heavy alcohol after taste from I think the homemade invert syrup up until last week that has finally faded when I bottled today.

the only thing that sucks is I have zero phenols or esters it's just a really nice easy drinking beer, that kicks like a horse, it clocked in at 7% so not to shabby.

so I finally bottled this after a 3 week lager period at 1-2 degrees. Don't ask why it's something I read while doing research, I'm glad I did tbh. It had a heavy alcohol after taste from I think the homemade invert syrup up until last week that has finally faded when I bottled today.

the only thing that sucks is I have zero phenols or esters it's just a really nice easy drinking beer, that kicks like a horse, it clocked in at 7% so not to shabby.
    Hmmm, how cold was it when you tasted it? iirc this style should be on the warmer side for the phenols and esters to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by CaPunT View Post
    Hmmm, how cold was it when you tasted it? iirc this style should be on the warmer side for the phenols and esters to shine.
    Good point did not think about that. It came out the fridge at about 2-3 degrees.

Good point did not think about that. It came out the fridge at about 2-3 degrees.
    exactly what i thought